-23-

"Ten signs a guy likes you? Five signs to show your crush that you like him?"

Taeyeon blushed and quickly covered up the screen with her torso as much as she could. 

"Seriously though, what are you watching?"Nana asked and chuckled. "Do you have a crush on someone?"

"Erm...no. I-I...I was just bored,"Taeyeon stuttered, failing to hide her intentions.

"Oh my god who is it?"Irene asked excitedly.

"Quiet down you guys."Taeyeon hissed at her friends and glanced at her surroundings swiftly before averting her eyes back to the screen in front of her. "I was just curious. I have no experience,"she said, pouting her lips.

"So you are open to dating now?"Naeun asked her. "I can introduce you a few guys I know."

"No thanks. It was just a moment of curiosity,"she said. "So how are your group assignments? Any uncooperative members?"

"Don't switch the topic."Irene warned. "Come on spill the beans, who do you like right now?"

"Why are you so curious?"Taeyeon whined.

"Because it's rare to hear you liking a guy. You never mention that you are interested in anyone."

Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders, refusing to give them the answer. Her friends decided there is no use persuading their stubborn friend, so they gave up on trying to get answer from her.

-

Taeyeon worked hard for everything she wants and gets paid back deservingly. She's doing the night shift today since she doesn't have anything to do tonight. She was sweeping the floor and cleaning up the mess the customers made.

The ring of the bell rang when a customer walks in and Taeyeon automatically greeted the customer without looking up from the table.

"You work here?"

Her father's stern voice sent chills down her spine. At that moment, she knew that she was screwed. She put down the table cloth and slowly looked up at him. "Yeah?"

"Why are you working here? I want you to focus on your studies!"

Reluctantly, she turned to look at her father to see him in his work clothes, probably just got off work after working an extra shift. He's still not giving up on the new job he found which pays a lot lesser than his previous job.

Taeyeon never noticed the wrinkles under his eyes and the few grey strands sticking out from random places. In her eyes, she thought he will always look the same and never grow any day older than 40. The tiredness was evident on his face and she couldn't help but stare at the faint lipstick stain on the corner of his lips.

Mother doesn't wear that shade of lipstick, she thought.

"I was just trying to help out our financial crisis,"Taeyeon replied. "Did you just get off work?"

Her father ignored her question and looked at her sharply. "We don't have a financial crisis. Just focus on your studies and let us grown ups deal with it,"he said. "Quit this job."

"There is a financial crisis. You and mum fight almost every night because of it and sometimes you come home drunk,"she expressed what she felt living with them. "I want this job and you cannot make me quit."

"Kim Taeyeon,"he pronounced sternly. 

"What are you doing here dad?"she shot him an unexpected question, catching him off guard with the tone she is using with her dad. "You have something on the corner of your lips,"she remarked.