the escort mission

Naruto was able to leave the hospital a day later. He stayed in his room, watching people repare his roof. Then giving him a death stare every now. He cowered in his corner and the scene of the murder attempt played out in his head. He teared up and cried into his knees.

Kakashi was sent away on a mission with a few Anbu so he didn't have work, neither did Sasuke or Sakura. Naruto felt his head rushing with imagination. Imagining the suffering he could have felt if his mother continued with her jabs with the Kunai. He cried in to his knees louder, nothing but depression and and sorrow ran through his head over and over and over.

Naruto stayed in his corner for two days without eating or drinking. He was weak but he didn't care. The roof was repaired and it was late in the evening. Kakashi returned and filed a report. He was rushing noticably and the Hokage took notice to this.

"Kakashi...you are dismissed, the rest stay." Sarutobi looked at Kakashi.

"Yes sir." Kakashi walked out and as soon as he did he teleportedin a cloud of smoke to Naruto's place.

Kakashi walked inside and walked around until he found him in the corner. Kakashi frowned and walked out ti cook dinner for him. Naruto smelt food and stood up and walked halfway down the stairs and peeked into the kitchen to see Kakashi. Naruto leapt off the railing and landed right behind his sensei and he hugged him tightly. Kakashi jumped in surprise but calmed down and focused on cooking fish.

"Hey." Naruto said.

"Hey...how are you?" Kakashi said.

"Good." Naruto looked at the floor." How was the mission?"
"It was a mission...it went well." He said.

Naruto walked over and sat down and closed his eyes and rested there until Kakashi finished. Kakashi set the plate down and Naruto immediately dug in, his ears twitched a little every now and then. Kakashi chuckled and took off his mask and began to eat. Naruto looked up and blushed slightly seeing Kakashi without his mask. Kakashi looked at him and smiled.

After they ate they sat on the couch. In front of it was a table and the chair Naruto's mom loved to sit. On the table was a photo of Kushina and Minato. Naruto stared at his dad he never knew. Naruto looked at him and teared up. Kakashi sighed and pet his ears and looked at the photo.

"You know...Minato was my sensei...when I was first made Genin and when i met him I felt honored to be taught by the yellow flash of the leaf." Kakashi smiled.

Naruto's eyes widened and looked at him" what was he like?" Naruto asked eagerly.

"He was kind, funny, and kinda like you. He was also focused and amazing on the battle field. He was skilled in jutsu." Kakashi said.

Naruto smiled slightly." I wish I could have had a dad to look after me..." Naruto said.

"My dad committed suicide when I was your age...so I kinda know what it's li-" Kakashi was interrupted when Naruto hugged him.

Naruto sobbed and held Kakashi tightly. Kakashi teared up slightly thinking about his father's dead body and choked slightly. He hugged back and rubbed his back. Naruto shook badly, clearly distressed. He was almost killed by his mom and now has no parents to look after him. Kakashi managed to calm Naruto down to the point he fell asleep. Kakashi laid there on the couch and played with his hair while he slept. Kakashi grew tired and smiled slightly and gently kissed Naruto's forehead.

Naruto woke up and Kakashi was already awake and holding a smal paper.

"Glad to see you are awake. I woke early and bought you some more clothes and pj's. Also. We have a mission. We are to meet with The Hokage as soon as possible. Let's go round up the others as soon as you are ready." Kakashi explained.

Naruto nodded tiredly and sat up, standing and walking to his room only to step on glass and wince. Naruto looked at his window to see it shattered with Kunai thrown onto his bed everywhere and he went wide awake. One had a note tied to it. Naruto walked up a and hesitantly took the note and opened it and read the words it held.

'I'll be back one day demon!

-Kushina'

Naruto went pale and set the note on his desk and got dressed inti his jump suit like attire and tied his headband on and smiled into the Mirror. He shoved the note in his drawer, filled with notes from people  containting death threats and horrible words... it was almost filled to the brim. Naruto walked downstairs and outside with Kakashi, munching on a rice ball. They grabbed Sasuke and Sakura quickly, Sakura already being with Sasuke who was out and about. They headed for the masion not knowing that they are going on their first mission. They walked into the office and met up with the Hokage.

"Good...I have an escort mission for you...you will be escorting a man to the land of waves." Sarutobi looked at them