Chapter One

Who the heck will be intruding my beautiful sleep at 1:30Am in the morning? "Ughhh!!"

"Elizabeth it's your mom". Woah, wrong number I was about to say but she sounded like she had been crying and I'm not a heartless person so I decided to hear what she had to say. "Hello Elizabeth?"

"I'm listening". Me and my mom never really got along some say it's because we look alike.

"You need to come home for the week end."

" I can't, school open barely two months ago and I'm still adjusting to junior year-"

"It's your Dad." she cut me off. Now that got me. I know Dad had been sick but has he gotten worse? God!

" Is he getting worse?"

"Ye..sss". She broke into tears. My Dad and I have been buddies from the day I was born and losing him now will tear me a part. Not my mom for sure. She hates me and I don't know why.

" I'll be there for the week end. How is he?" That was the stupidest question I'd ever asked. And I didn't want to hear her answer.

"Just come for the weekend and see him. He asked how you're doing, so it will be wise of you to come see him."

He's very sick and as much as I hate
saying this, he's close to death and he's still asking how am doing. But my mom certainly can't." It's two more days to the week end so I'll be there by Friday afternoon. "

"Okay. Go back to bed." She hung up. Not even good night that woman is something else.

I laid back in bed unable to sleep. Is my father going to die? That was the last question I never thought would come to my mind. Well he's not okay, and he's not  getting any better. His heart was failing and I couldn't do anything about it. I turn in bed and watch Annise sleep across from me. She had been my room mate since freshman year and next year were going to be seniors. Her parents were on a trip for their twenty fifth wedding anniversary. I felt happy for her and sad for myself. My parents were in their twenty third year of marriage. What if my father won't live to celebrate his twenty fifth wedding anniversary?

"God please don't let my Father die. I don't think I will be able to handle his death. Please, please please......"

If my Father dies, I don't think I'll ever go back to our house because there will be nothing left for me except for my little brother and my dog Jessie.
How is Jonathan coping with this? Sometimes I wish he was the only child and I was never born. I started sniffing and I realized I'd been crying. Really crying because my pillow was wet. Immediately I decided to call Jerry. Jerry had been my boyfriend since freshman year we met during orientation. His light brown eyes cut my dark ones and he came over and befriended me.  I know he'd been avoiding me for the past four days but I needed him now. I took my phone and decided to call him.

" Hey it's Jerry please leave a message. "

"Hey it's me, we need to talk. I'll be over at your apartment before my first class starts this morning. Bye"

I jumped when I heard the alarm. "Jesus!" It was 5:00Am I haven't slept at all. I went to bed at 12:15. My mom called at 1:30. For me one hour and fifteen minutes of sleep is nothing.

I went to the bath room and put the shower on and I sat on the Toilet  to start my morning routine. I think you know what that means. I heard my phone buzzing in my hand. It was a message from Jerry. Great he's up.

Bae: Is there a problem?

Me: Yes. We'll talk when I come over.

Bae: Great. Cus there's something I want to tell you too.

Me: What is it?

Bae: We'll talk when you come over.

Great, I started the whole 'we'll talk' thing. Funny isn't it?

I walked out of the bathroom and met Ann on her phone. "Morning Ann".

_______________________________________
Just for the record, my book is my own imagination of characters and their names and every sentence in this book has been the work of my amazing brain so if this book looks familiar to any other that is one big coincidence. And please guys bare with me it's my first book, and I didn't know much to say, so the first chapter is a little bit short I promise to make the next one longer. Hope you liked it. Luv y'all!!