Chapter Six

Chris POV

I got in my car and left for my apartment. I was so happy to finally be getting close to Liz. After spending few hours with her, I missed her already. I've tried so hard to get close to her. Though I  feel guilty for destroying her car tires, but you would do anything to get the person you love notice you right? That's why I took the responsibility of fixing it. I know it was stupid but I couldn't think of another way to get her attention.

She never paid any attention to me or any other guy except for that football player, Jeremy. And it hurts to know that he had been cheating on her. Though they just broke up, but I know she would be hurt to find out, that he was cheating on her. I'm glad they broke up, because she deserves someone better than him.

She's going through a lot already. I know the pain of loosing a parent, because I've been there before.

I hate to see the pain I saw in her eyes today, when she talked about her father. It reminded me so much of my mother's death. I wish I could take all her pain away that she feels right now. I really wanted to remove the strand of curly hair from her face that drop out of her messy bund earlier today while she was crying. Damn she's so beautiful. I think the crush I've had on her has turn into something more. Love you mean. A voice in my head said. Suddenly my phone took me out of my thoughts. My mom was calling me.

"Hey mom."

"Hello sweetheart. How are you?"

"I'm okay. How are you, and how is Charlotte?" I didn't ask for dad because I know he was in Dubai.

" She's okay. We miss you. You're spending thanks giving with us right?"

"Yeah. Sure."

"Natalie said there was a girl with you at the restaurant today. Is that true?"

Damn Natalie and her big mouth. Why can't she keep things to herself? she knows how my mom is when she finds out that am changing girlfriend quickly. Liz isn't my girlfriend though.

"Sweetheart, are you still there?"

"Huh? Yes mom."

"Yes you're still there, or yes you took a girl out on a date?"

"It wasn't a date mom. We just went  to eat."

"You're saying she's not your girlfriend? "

I finally arrived in the parking lot of the apartment, and turn off the car.

"No mom. We're just friends." Although I wished we were something more. I got out of the car and went inside the lobby to the elevator.

"Why am I surprise?"

" I've changed mom. I'm no more the type of guy I once was."

"I'm glad honey. Just let me know when you finally find the girl of your dreams. I'm going to bed now good night sweetheart."

The elevator door opened and I walked out.

"Good night mom. I love you."

"Love you too." She hung up.

I was at my apartment door when I felt someone coming towards me. I turned and saw Jeremy standing in front of me.

"Is there a problem man?"

"Yeah there is. I saw you messing around Liz today."

"That shouldn't be a problem. Both of you are not together anymore."

"No were not, but we'll be anytime am ready for us to get back together."

"And what makes you think she would want you back?" I asked him.