Chapter Thirteen

Ann, the red lipstick is going to look too much, just a little lip gloss will be fine. " I told her already fed up with the amount of makeup she has applied on my face.

"You're going to be meeting Chris parents for the first time. You have to look your best." She told me as she applied mascara to my lashes.

Shopping with Ann for this dinner and Christmas has been the worst thing ever. She was always picking something short and sexy. I had to remind her that we're in winter. We finally decided on a beautiful strapless red dress that flows from my  knee down to the floor which exposed a little bit of my cleavage but thankfully it goes with a scarf.

Ann flatiron my hair which  cause it to reached almost in the middle of my back, something about me I didn't know because I never straightened my hair, it's always curly. I have to admit for once in my life I look really different.

"Still Ann, I'm not putting that lipstick on." I said seriously.

"Okay, fine, do whatever you want." She told me after she had literally done everything.

***

Two hours later we were at Chris. To be honest I thought we missed the house or should I say, mansion. The drive way took us about minutes. There were other people getting down from their cars, as we stepped out of ours. We walked to the door and called our names to the man standing there. He looked down on his iPad  and then back at us with a smile and told us to go in.

As we entered, I looked around and was so thrilled by what I saw. Chandeliers were hanging above us, brown marble tiles below us, lots of food around us and a band was playing some really good jazz  music.

"Will you pick your mouth off the floor Liz?" Ann scolded me like I was a nine years old kid. "It's not like you're from a poor family."

My family might be a little way over a average family but that doesn't mean we're rich. Like this!

"Finally you two are here." Tracy said coming to us in a very beautiful brown dress. A color like dark chocolate, which brought out the color of her eyes also and made her brown skin look lighter. It hugged her tightly showing her beautiful curved figure, which I admired a lot, not that mine is not beautiful, but hers is way better.

"Tracy, you look really beautiful." I complimented her.

"Thank you, but no more. Don't  make such a big deal of my figure like Ralph." I laughed knowing how she gets annoy when someone praises her too much.

"Where's Lydia?" Ann asked.

"She didn't come. She's having Christmas eve dinner at her grandma's and chose it as the right moment to introduce Bob. So he's not here also." Tracy said. At the same moment Ralph came and pulled Tracy at his side.

"Y'all look lovely tonight, ladies." He told Ann and I.

"It's not like we were ugly yesterday." Ann said told him jokingly.

I was still looking around when someone startled me by holding my waist and pulling me into them. It was no surprise who it was, the smell of vanilla mixed with lavender is always present when he's around, and most of all the butterflies that come to life in my stomach whenever  his hands touched my body. I smiled knowing that it was Chris.

"You really had to look this sexy tonight ?" He whispered in my ear which turned my face into a full blush picture.

"Why don't we go and find Luke, Ann before he fits himself into a bottle of champagne." Tracy told Ann in a way that simply means we'll leave you two alone and dragged Ralph along.