Chapter Four

My last class on Friday ended at 4:00. I began driving back home by 5:30. The ride back home is about seven hours drive. I don't mind late night driving, so I decided to go. I left a note for Ann telling her that am gone because she was still in class.

After two hours driving I stop to take gas at a filling station. It was already late but I still have five hours ahead of me so I got in my car and started going. I started to think of all the bad things that happened on Wednesday. The call from my mom, Jerry breaking up with me and that nosy Christopher boy. Who the hell does he think he is? Now am going to a house where my dad is very ill and my mom can't stand me. Well at least I got Jonathan and Jessie and Miss. Simpson. She has been our house keeper for more than ten years, and both of us get along. But I still can't stop worrying bout my dad. He was a successful business man, and I decided to take business management in college to run his business after he's gone and now I think it's gonna be sooner than later. I'm not saying this because I want my father to die but I like to be prepared for the worse. My phone began to ring.

"Ann?"

"Sup. Why didn't you call me? I was going to answer and you know that."

"Ann you were in class. I didn't wanna get you in trouble."

"I love trouble and you know that. So how far are you?"

"I'm on the high way now, I should be home in the next three hours."

"Emily asked for you today but I told her you left. It was right after her boyfriend asked for you and she heard him asking me where you were so she said I should warned you to stay away from him, because she saw both of you on campus talking the other day."

"Wait a minute Ann. Who's Emily and who's her boyfriend?"

"You really don't socialize much. Do you?" Christopher White girlfriend Emily. The skinny blonde, that looks like a Russian super model?"

"Oh right." I said hating my head with the heel of my right palm and my left hand on the starring. My phone was on loud speakers. " She's the one that got down from his car the other day. I saw them having an argument."

"And she said you talked to him. You didn't tell me that. Is there something I should know?"

"It's not really important. When he dropped her off at the dormitory, I guess he went back to his apartment which is the same building as Jerry's. He saw me crying coming out of the elevator and he figured something was wrong. So after my first class he bumped into me and started talking bout my break up. I told him to mind his own business that's all."

"Well his girlfriend took it differently."

"And why was he asking for me?"

"I don't know. As soon as I told him you left he said okay thanks Annise and left. Is something wrong?"

"No nothing's wrong."

"He seemed worry that's why I asked."

"Nothing's wrong Ann. I'll call you tomorrow. Bye."

"Okay bye."

What does Christopher want from me? A little more of my mouth I guess. And that wouldn't be hard to give.

***
I finally arrived home and was looking forward to a long week end with my Dad sick and my mom on her two feet. Why isn't it the other way around?  My Dad doesn't deserve to be in that condition. I'm not saying she deserve it but she kinda.
I cut the car off and got out. I didn't have to bring clothes with me. I'm coming home of course.

I opened the door with my key and there was no sound. "Everybody's sleeping I guess." As I was on my way up stair I heard a bedroom door slammed. I look up and saw Jonathan and Jessie coming down. Jessie came running and jumped on my waist with her tongue out. "Hey beautiful, I missed you a lot. Did you miss me?" I asked her playfully. Jonathan was standing putting his coat on, in front of us.