Chapter Fifteen

Today does not feel like Christmas at all. This is actually the worst Christmas ever. I was so excited that I was coming home for Christmas but now I wish it has never come in the first place. If I could just turn back time and undo my mom accident I will.

We left the hospital almost twelve O'Clock last night, and I was glad that Chris and all my friends were there with me. I really needed them. They were so supportive and caring , now they are all home enjoying Christmas, and instead of me doing the same am about to get ready and go to the hospital to see my mom. I dragged out of bed and looked at the bedside clock. It was 8:00 AM. I slept for just three hours, because I couldn't sleep at all when I got home last night. I was tossing and turning and continuously looking at the gift box on my bed side table. I've been wanting to open it since last night but couldn't, something kept stopping me, perhaps it's the fact that my mom said I should open it with her. What's so special about this gift?

I moved to the  mirror and looked at myself. My face looks horrifying, with the the little amount of sleep I got and not forgetting my make up from yesterday. Yes make up, what time did I have to take a shower, and I hate late nights showers. My room was very cold by now and it was snowing out side. I went in the bathroom,  brushed my teeth and took a very hot shower. My hair looks like it's almost back to it's natural look, so I dried it and held it up neatly, wore my jeans, winter boots a Christmas sweater over my beautiful green blouse and my jacket, and taking the gift with me.

I hurried downstairs and saw my aunt with her daughter Patricia who was born the same year as me. She's my mom elder sister. They are only two and very closed. They were sitting in the living room and talking with Jonathan.

"Sissy Merry Christmas." Jo said kissing my cheek. "How are you?"

"Awful." I told him.

"Liz, you're up. We didn't wanna wake you. Merry Christmas." Patricia said hugging me and giving me a present. I really don't see any thing merry about this Christmas, but I smiled anyways.

"Thanks Patrice, and Merry Christmas too."

"Merry Christmas honey."

"Merry Christmas aunt Lucy. I'm about to go to the hospital." I told them getting my car keys.

"At least eat something first." Miss. Simpson said from behind me. I don't have the slightest appetite to eat anything this morning, it might just come right out as I put it in. "I'm not hungry, thanks."

"Please eat something Liz. Just a bit. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday. Tell you what let's have breakfast and go to the hospital together." Jo said trying to persuade me in eating something. I really love him. Sometimes I think he's the oldest of the two of us. I nodded and went to the table. I managed to get a few bites of food in my stomach and surprising-ly none came out.

Jo and I were at the hospital. Aunty Lucy and Patrice said they were going to help Miss. Simpson to prepare dinner.

"Why did you bring the gift mom gave you?" Jo asked me as we walked in the hospital out of the snow.

"She said we should open it together. I don't know why." I told him shrugging. His expression suddenly changed.

After we passed the receptionist who didn't look so good coming to work on a day like this, we reached our mom room. As we opened the door we heard voices.

To my surprise, Chris was sitting in the room with my mom, and she was laughing at something he said. I saw get well soon balloons and roses in one side of her room.

"Hey." He said getting up and coming to me. He look so exhausted but still definitely cute.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I mean he should be enjoying Christmas with his family not sitting in a hospital room with my mom. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but  he should be having a good time by now.