Prologue

I awoke to ear shattering screams that filled my eardrums, until it was the only thing I could hear. My eyes roamed around the room, and I could see flames. Within the flames I saw something that would haunt me for the rest of my life, my mother, on the ceiling.

"ANNABELLE! BABY!" I heard my dad scream at me. He hadn't noticed my mother yet, I didn't know how he couldn't.

I began to cry. He then quickly dashed over and snatched me up out of my crib. That was when he looked up at the ceiling and saw her. He fell to his knees, screaming her name.

"NO, KATHERINE, NO PLEASE! OH GOD! KATHERINE!"

He curled up into a ball with me in his lap and began to sob hysterically. Just then, there was an enormous flash of light in the room. A man with brown hair and piercing blue eyes loomed over us.

"Give her to me! I'm an Angel, and I can protect her!" He screamed, his gruff voice surprised me, and I began to wail even louder.

He reached down for me, but my father pulled me away from him.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" He scooted backwards and found himself backed up against the wall with me. The flames had almost engulfed the entire room.

"SHE WILL BE SAFE WITH ME! PLEASE, GIVE HER TO ME!" he again reached for me, the next time getting very close to me.

My father was very distraught, he didn't know what to do. His eyes scanned the room. I think he figured that he couldn't save me, but the man might be able to.

"I love you so much Annabelle, never forget that," he whispered into my ear and then kissed my forehead. He then handed me over to the man.

I left the arms of my comforting father, to the strong firm grip of the stranger. Just then there was another bright flash of light, and we were outside my house. We watched as it burned to the ground, not being able to stop it.

The stranger looked down at me in his arms and with a straight face said, "I'm Castiel, I am an Angel of The Lord and I'll protect you, always."

With those words, I drifted into a restless sleep, seeing flashes of my father's face as he gave me up to my new guardian, Castiel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry this is so very short this was just a prologue as to what is to come! I hoped you all like it and will continue to read!