Original Epilogue (2014)

8 years later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Leave me alone, Jason." The young girl stumbled over her small feet, as she backed away from her brother. Jason grinned and continued to advance on her.

He kept his hand out and every few seconds pretended to reach out to her. She would jump with fright, and Jason would chuckle.

"Mommy said you needed to leave me alone. I'm older than you Jason, and you can't hurt me. I'm more powerful than you," the small girl stopped walking and stood her ground. She held a fierce expression on her face and placed her hands on her hips.

"But, look what I can do," Jason squeaked. He stuck his hand out towards the wall. A small light surrounded him, and he shot a ball of fire towards the wall. He turned back to the girl, and her eyes were wide. "See, fire is betterer than strength," Jason said trying to sound superior but ended up fumbling over his words.

She took a step backwards, and then ran down the hallway screaming. Jason chased after, giggling loudly as he shot fireballs around her feet. "DADDY! MOMMY!" she screamed and took a sharp turn around a corner. She lost her balance and slipped.

Her knee slide across the slick floor, and she started to cry loudly. Jason stopped where he was and crouched beside her. He frantically looked over her wound and started to whisper, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Please don't tell."

Her wound was bleeding slightly, but that's not what hurt. It was the awful burn she got from the hard floor. Jason placed his hand on her wound, and she yelped. He closed his eyes and concentrated hard. Light shone from his hand and when he pulled away the wound was gone.

Though, the wound was gone, the girl continued to cry. Jason started to hyperventilate. "What's wrong? It's gone. Why are you crying?" She looked to Jason with tears streaming down her face. "You scared me," she choked out and sobbed into her hands.

Jason knew what it was liked to be scared. He got scared fairly easily, that's why he wanted to feel like he was stronger than someone for just a second.

He reached out to the girl with a heavy heart. She cringed away from him and shielded her eyes from him. Jason rested a small hand on her shoulder, and she looked up at him. His eyes were brimmed with tears, and a stray tear leaked down his face. "I'm so sorry," he apologized honestly.

She smiled at him and pulled him in for a hug. She cried into his shoulder and he let her, knowing she needed it.

All the sudden heavy drawn out footsteps could be heard from down the hallway. It sounded like someone running. The footsteps got louder, and before they knew it, a tall man was standing in front of them.

He was holding a long silver blade, and he looked around for any sign of danger. When he realized there was none, he put his blade away. Then he bent down next to the girl. He noticed she had been crying, and he placed a hand on her cheek. "Crystal, baby, what's wrong?" Crystal smiled and pulled away from Jason. "I'm fine. We were just playing, and I fell down. Jason helped," she showed him her knee and he understood. He turned to Jason and kissed his head. "Thank you for helping your sister, Jason. That was very kind of you," he smiled lovingly at his children.

"Cas, is everything alright?" a feminine voice called down the hallway. "Yeah, Annabelle, everything is fine." He helped the children to their feet and started to walk down the hallway.

"Wait! Daddy before you go down there you need to know that Jason discovered a new power. That's why the main room looks like that," Crystal glanced at Jason, and he smiled sheepishly. Cas squinted at them and then rushed down the hall.