Chapter 30

Annabelle's POV

You think you know so much about me. You don't. I'm not the same person I used to be. I'm not that scared little girl that Sam and Dean met that day in the motel room. It seems like that was years ago, when in reality, it was months ago. Since that day, I've been thrown into this life. The life of the supernatural and what not. I don't need Cas to hold my hand every time I have my nightmare, like I used to. I'm over it. I've learned to take my rage and sorrow from my parents death and turn it into something that keeps me going. A while ago, I promised myself that I was going to kill every single evil son of a bitch I met. That was before the war started. War is a different world, and I'm not so sure I want to live in this world. Death follows me around like a plague. I had been spared of that plague for so long, but I think I've come to terms with myself that I was going to die. And, I did. I died.

----------------------------------------------

Earlier that day

"Dude, I'm telling you, I think I might make the best hamburgers in the world," Dean said as he moaned into his hamburger. We all rolled our eyes as I took another bite. I had to admit, he made awesome hamburgers. I chuckled and watched Cas devour his burger. He looked over at me with a mouthful of hamburger and smiled wide. He looked exactly like a chipmunk. He continued to chow down on his burger. 

I scoffed, "Warrior of heaven my ass. He's such I baby in a trench coat," of course I didn't say that out loud.

I took another huge bite of my hamburger and inhaled sharply. My hamburger went down my throat the wrong way, and got caught. I started to slightly choke but tried to keep myself calm. I drank some water, but I couldn't force it down. That was when I started to worry. I started waving my hand in front of my face, and I made gagging noises. 

"Annabelle. Are you okay? Annabelle. Annabelle!" Sam shouted. Everyone shot up from their seats, but by then I was on the floor, barely breathing. I could tell I was blue in the face, and black spots started to dot my vision. 

"Really, Annabelle you can not die this way. It's literally not possible. Your only weakness is fire. Annabelle, come on. You don't die choking on a hamburger. You die on the battlefield. Come on, Annabelle. Calm down and force it down your throat," Dean frantically spoke, trying to calm me down. I was really lacking oxygen, and I closed my eyes because they were too heavy to keep open. 

"Hey, hey, hey, Annabelle. No. Come on, Annabelle. Don't do this. Dammit Cas, do something!" Dean screamed at Cas. Cas just sat there wide eyed and frozen.

Finally after initial shock had passed, Sam sat me up and started the Heimlich maneuver. Within a couple seconds the hamburger chunk was about three feet away from me. I gasped for air, and I coughed violently. Everyone sighed with relief, and Paige walked through the front door with bags in her hands. She stared at us as she looked at the scene in front of her. 

She let out an exhausted sigh, "Really? I can't leave you guys alone for five minutes, without some big fiasco. I go out to get guns and salt for a freaking up and coming all out war, but it looks like the real enemy is Dean's cooking." I let out a strangled laugh as did Sam, relieving some of the tension in the room. 

"Hey, Paige. My cooking is amazing! She was choking," Dean glared at Paige. She grinned because she was the only one who really knew how to get under his skin. 

"Oh boy, then it must have be more horrible than usual! If she was trying to force it down, then it must have been absolutely awful!" By then I was feeling better, so I started to laugh a little more than before. The laugh was raspy and deep, like I had just gotten done smoking my fourth pack of cigarettes that day. Then I started coughing and waved a hand at their worried faces. Sam let out a low delightful laugh.