9.Rachel

Pic of Rachel's room on the top. There is a spoiler from the movie Orphan. Please vote for my story and contact me to tell me how you feel about​ it.
I am done sketching, I better turn my phone on which had been on switch off mode so that I could concentrate completely on my drawing. There are three messages .....one from Rach and the others from Noah.

'Come to my home as fast as you can... It's urgent
-Rach:)'
'I had a great time with you....wanna do something again soon?'
'I hope you slept well ...you were practically sleeping in school today
-Noah ;)'
I don't know why they write their names in the end...I obviously have their numbers saved.
I should head to Rachel's now.
'Be there in five'
I reply changing out of my nightgown. Its getting colder out here...I better put on something warm.
I head out in my denim jeans with a full sleeved pink top and my favorite converse shoes. I never go out of my house being shabbily dressed... Who knows who I might run into.
'I enjoyed myself too. Hope to do something like that soon and yeah I slept well :)'
I reply to Noah while heading out of my house. Rachel's place is at a five mins walking distance from mine.
What if Noah is somehow connected to my father's death. I mean his hair colour is the same as that of the killer. No one other than him has the same. But he would have been as old as me when my father died. What if it's like the way it was in the movie ORPHAN. I mean the girl never grew up. She looked like a 9 year old even when she was 31. Ohh damn it ...my brain can think utter amount of shit at times. Thank god I will be at her home in a minute. This walk alone is making me paranoid.
I ring the doorbell and I hear footsteps coming in my direction after five seconds.
"Finally...you got the time to come home. Do you even know how many times I called and your phone was switched off. I was worried sick"
"So why did you want to meet all of a sudden?? And yeah Don't blame me .....I was sleeping"
"Till now?" I love this confused look on her face. This is one of my favourite expression of hers.
"Yeah....I was sleeping and then I started sketching ...you know I never keep my phone on when I m in my artist mode"
"Yeah yeah .... Now come inside"
"I thought you were never going to let me in"
She chuckles and we head to her room. Her place is like my second home. I am here more than I m at my own home. What can I do, her mother makes the best pancakes in the world. I can eat 5 of them in one sitting.
"I told my mom that you were coming ...so she is making pancakes. Now stop drooling and come on."
We are in her room and I m eagerly waiting for my pancakes to come.
"So that is what you are going to do.....Ell you are spacing out."
"I m sorry ...what did you say again"
"I was telling you the plan"
"The plan? Of what"
"Of getting Noah to fall for you"
"I don't think I want that."
"What??? Don't tell me you don't like him now"
"Idolikehim"
"Speak in English. I didn't understand a single word you uttered"
"I do like him. But he loves Natalie and I can't do that to him. He told me that his childhood friend Will is joining our school next week."
"What has Will got to do with this?"
"Noah said that he is perfect for me and I would fall for him the minute I see him"
"When did he tell you all this??"
"Yesterday when we went to the beach"
"Ohh yeah I totaly forgot about that....you have to tell me everything that happened"
So for the next ten minutes I recap the events from yesterday.
"That was like the dream date"
"It wasn't a date"
"Yeah sure"
Let me tell you ....she is a sarcastic bitch.
"We went out as friends and did you forget that he asked me out on behalf of his friend"
"Yeah but that was super romantic"
"Okay ....calm your nerves down. It was nothing. You have not told me the reason of this sudden meeting till now"
"Ohh there is a reason...there is a damn good reason"
"Sooo.... you going to tell me??"
"Yeah ..ofcourse after everything that I planned is done"
"When is it going to be?"
"Soon, very soon"
"Okayy ...can I get a hint"
I say that making my puppy face. She always falls for that.
There is a knock on the door with a delicious aroma of pancakes.
"Hii Mrs. Smith, thanks for these"
I say pointing my favourite dish in front of me.
"No need to thank me. You are formal as ever. You ought to mix up with me now....you have known me like your entire life"
Yeah I have known her my entire life but I don't know....I m just a bit uncomfortable​ around adults and I feel like I should behave properly. Rach on the other hand is very cool with my mom. When they are together, it feels like they are best friends not me and Rach.
"I can't help it Mrs. Smith"
I turn towards my idiot best friend and continue with what we were talking about.
"Pleaseee tell me"
"Just wait and watch. Now eat your pancakes fast. We don't have much time"