Chapter Fifteen

《~Thomas's POV~》

I had entered the house and did a quick scan to see if it was really safe. There weren't many rooms on the first floor so I went up to the second floor. There were 4 rooms, including the locked one. I assumed that that was Alexander's room.

I opened the first door to my left slowly and walked in. I quickly checked around to make sure that John wasn't hiding under the bed or anything. After finishing that one, I did a similar scan to the other 2 that were unlocked. After checking, I went downstairs to alert everyone that the coast was clear.

"Alright, I want Herc to stay down here with me. Lafayette and Jefferson, go upstairs and be quick about getting Alex out." Washington ordered. Without a second thought, we went our separate ways.

"Wait, who's gonna break through the door?" I turned to Lafayette after we got back upstairs.

Lafayette gave a blank gaze as if he was doing the science and math to figure out who was to do what. "Let us try at the same time?" Laf said after a few seconds.

So that's what we did. We rammed ourselves up against the door, which felt like it had been reinforced by other locks. On the other side was shuffling and...paper? I don't want to know what he was going to write on that paper.

Eventually, we decided to kick it open instead of putting our full weight onto it in an ineffective way. We counted down from three to make sure the impact was completely there.

"Three.." I whispered in a hushed tone.

"Deux.." Laf whispered back.

On the final count, we both kicked the door open.

《~Alexander's POV~》

Just as I had finished tying the rope to the ceiling, both Lafayette and Thomas busted through my door. I should've hurried up more.

"Go the hell away!" I screamed. I didn't want them in the room. I didn't want anyone else in the room when this happened.

"Mon ami..." Lafayette seemed shocked by the fact that I was about to hang myself from a ceiling.