Awakening

*Kolfinna's POV*

I awoke alone. Always alone. My small loft was my home. Large enough for me to paint and large enough for myself. No pets, not even a fish. They all died off much too quickly for my taste. The only pets I ever had were roaches from the island of Madagascar, off the coast of South Africa. I arose from my bed and tiptoed to the large corner window, flinging the white lace curtains open. The sun was rising slowly over the streets of New Orleans and the artists were bustling about the square, trying to find a spot to display their daily work. A simple, small smile graced my lips as I walked barefoot to the kitchen and reached into a fridge I rigged to act as a heat source. It stayed at approximately 98.6 degrees, just how I preferred it. I grabbed the large wine bottle and a glass, pouring the thick red substance, in which I replaced the wine with, into the glass. I walked around my white, pale home, bare and exposed. I never wore clothes to bed. Why should I when it's my home? I paid for it, I am not yet bound to a mate, and even if I was, I am no submissive. A sudden knock came upon my door and I cringed at its crude, loud disturbance. It rang over the birds and the artists in the square. I quickly set down my drink and grabbed my rosary, placing it over my head. The next thing I put on was my robe. The white silk ended just above my knees, allowing myself enough movement. I would've just answered the door bare, but due to the fact that I am the only albino of my kind, the council has special orders for me. The only persons to see me bare is the council, and my mate. I answered the door, the building's young mail clerk greeting me.

"Hello Lance. Any mail today?" I asked him politely.

"Quite a bit actually. Two letters and one package." He replied, handing over my things.

"I appreciate it. I hope you have a lovely day." I spoke. I was about to close the door when Lance spoke up.

"Listen, K, I was wondering..maybe you and I could go out to dinner sometime?" He asked me this for the third time this month and probably the fifteenth time this year. He had a crush, he was only human after all.

"Lance, I told you before, I just don't see myself with someone right now. I like having you as a friend, but nothing more." I answered. He just sadly smiled in return.

"One day I'll get you to say yes." He said while walking to the next loft. I rolled my eyes with a smile and shut the giant silver steel door, filing through the mail I had received. Two letters. One from Hex Old World Witchery, probably about the book I ordered, and one from the council. I growled when I saw Lucien's name scrawled on the back and the Council's seal on the front. The package was also from the Council, which was odd. They often only sent packages if... I ripped the envelope open with my nails and lifted the letter carefully from it's casing. Unfolding the long parchment, I grabbed my glass and walked to the balcony, sitting down and began to read.

Kolfinna,

It is finally time. We, the Council, hath found your eternal mate. He is strong, handsome, aggressive, a suitable dominate for a submissive such as yourself. He has a six member coven, and will be an outstanding protector of you. You know where the ceremony will take place. The service will be held on your birth date, approximately on May 13th at exactly midnight. You will have a final test to determine if you are ready to be eternally bound to your mate. If you fail, you will be bound to I, Lucien, as my personal mistress. Be there on time, formally dressed. Everything you will need is in the package we sent you. Do not disappoint us, child. After all, you are the only one of your kind.

Signed,

Lucien

I crumpled the paper in my hand and stood abruptly, throwing my glass to the floor. I stormed inside, stepping on and cutting my feet on the now shattered glass. I lit the letter on fire with my lighter and threw it in the metal rectangular bin I used for ashes. Whether it be from letters to cigarettes. Rushing over the the discarded package, I picked it up and opened it with my knife. Afterwards, I threw the knife onto my bed and proceeded to open the box. A sheer white dress graced in my presence. I set the box aside and picked up the dress by the straps and stood to my feet, pulling the dress up with me. I was shocked. It was the length of my body, with white ties going around underneath the bust. It flowed in the morning breeze, and I admit it was beautiful. The only thing I questioned was the complete sheerness of it. I glanced in the box. White lace thing. No bra. Of course Lucien would ask this of me. No, erase that. Demand this of me. He enjoyed looking me over in atrocious garb. He was sick, but he was the council. I screamed and threw the dress onto the bed.

If only Lucien was here now.