You Are Now In The World I'm Ruining

*Kolfinna's POV*

The ceremony was finally over. Come to find out my mate lives in Scranton, PA so he'll be staying with me tonight. The way to my loft was uneventful. He stayed quiet the majority of the time, only asking simple things such as where I lived and if it was a very diverse place or not. We arrived at my loft around sun rise, the natural smell of the bayou and the fresh smell of oyster poboys filled my lungs. We walked up the six flight of stairs until we were at my door. I unlocked it and entered, about to tell him to come in, before I realized he was my mate, not an outsider. He didn't need permission in order to enter my home. I shut the door behind him and walked over to the kitchen, grabbing the wine bottle and a glass. I could feel his presence behind me.

"You wouldn't happen to mind me having some of that, would you?" He asked politely. I just nodded and grabbed a second glass, filling it and handing it over to him. I walked past him and onto my balcony, taking a seat to watch the hummingbirds fly past, as well as the tourists in the street. "Beautiful view." He spoke from behind me. I ignored him, taking in the perfect sounds and smells of New Orleans. "Look, I understand how you feel. You don't like me, and you wish I'd just go away. Just get to know me first, that's all I'm asking of you."

"You don't know how I fucking feel." I growled, my nails digging into the plush seat.

"I know that it angered me to see Lucien treat you like that. Like a toy, or a common whore. I hated how he looked at you, as if he could look through to your soul." I was astonished at how firm he stood when he spoke those words. He knelt down in front of me and grasped my hand in his larger ones. "Just because your hair is fair and your eyes are steel, does not make it alright for them to parade you around and demoralize you in such a way. You deserve so much better than what you were given. If I had been able to choose, you wouldn't have been thrown into this situation."

"You're absolutely mad." I whispered.

"I never claimed to have not been." he smirked, but it soon faded. "Kolfinna, you know what we are supposed to do tonight." I cringed and he continued, "I want us to wait. I want you to actually be able to have a choice in the matter. This is not going to be something that is just forced upon you with no warning. I want to get to know you before we make any big decisions in our bond. If that's alright with you." He spoke, looking into my steel eyes with his mahogany ones.

"Come." I said, standing to my feet and grasping his hand as I did at the ceremony, causing him to rise to his feet. I sat down my glass and looked up at him. "I must go to sleep soon or else the bags under my eyes with look like giant purple bruises later, and I know you must be tired, traveling all the way from Scranton just to be here." I led him over to the large king sized canopy bed, and let go of his hand, moving towards the right side of the bed. I shed off the suit jacket Christopher, my mate, had given me to wear. Next was the horrid garment Lucien told me to wear. I hated the filthy thing. It wasn't me, it was some trashy version of me. Next to come off were the underwear. I hate anything Lucien gives me to wear. It's all sick, dissatisfying, and trash. I grabbed an old t-shirt that I printed to say "Never grow old, Never die. Its fun to be a vampire" and threw it over my small frame. It reached my mid thigh as I climbed back in bed. I turned to see Chris, his back turned and his head bowed. I tapped him on the shoulder.

"Are you done?" he asked nicely. I chuckled and spoke.

"Yes, I'm done." He turned back around and I could tell that he was flustered, his eyes said it all. He undid his tie and placed it on the side table, then went to get into bed. That was before I stopped him. "Stop trying to be such a gentleman, and actually get comfortable." I demanded. He just stood awkwardly, not knowing if he should oblige or not. I rolled my eyes and got on my knees in front of him, and began unbuttoning his dress shirt. After all the buttons were undone, I slid my hands in the shirt, above his shoulders, and down his arms, dropping the shirt to the floor. Next were his suit pants. I went to undo the button when his hands firmly grasped mine. I looked up at him and his eyes shown an emerald green.

"Please. Allow me to do that." His voice was strangled, as if he was having a difficult time speaking. He withdrew my hands and turned his back, finishing undressing. I felt bad I had accidentally aroused him, it was not my intention to what so ever. He slipped off his suit pants then climbed into bed next to me. I made sure I distanced myself far away from him. He laid facing me, his eyes immediately closing. It only took mere minutes before I was drifting off too.