Cut Too Deep

*Kolfinna's POV*

"Excuse me?" i whispered, shocked at his sudden words.

"You're pregnant." he said again simply. The look in his eyes was lost, sad, and afraid. I couldn't be pregnant. We were careful every time, it's incredibly rare that I could ever get pregnant, let alone a second time.

"Christopher, that's not funny." I replied, tears welling in my eyes.

"I'm not being funny. Kolfinna, you're pregnant." He whispered, placing his hand on my side. I shoved him away, backing up against the wall.

"Thats not possible." i said, shaking my head. I looked at Ms. Cerulli, looking at her with pleading eyes. "Tell him to stop. Tell him it isn't true, none of what he's saying is true." I begged. She looked at me with her large brown eyes. They were laced in sadness.

"I'm sorry dear, but a man knows his mate, inside and out." she said sadly.

"No! It isn't true, it cant be true!" I screamed, dropping to my knees, the tears finally running over the brims of my eye sockets.

"Baby. it's true, I'm so sorry." Chris whispered, kneeling down in front of me. I couldn't take it anymore. None of what he was saying to me made any sense. There have been no signs of me being pregnant, nothing. And even if I was pregnant, I couldn't do this. But what if Chris wanted this baby? What if it was like me? Lucien would immediately take advantage if it was. Male or female, Lucien would take this child and make it a concubine. I couldn't allow that to happen.

"No!" I screamed. "S-stop lying to me Christopher!" I screamed, folding in on myself. I hid my face behind my hair, and I felt his arms wrap around me, pulling me close to his chest before he stood with me in his tattooed arms. I just let loose and cried on his bare chest.

"Shush. I promise I'll take care of you darling." he whispered. I felt him walk up the stairs, and I heard a door close. I didn't look around, I couldn't. He set my down on a plush service and i curled into a small ball. He laid down next to me, and his arms wrapped around my waist. I fell asleep like this because, quite frankly, I couldn't deal with the world around me right now.