Hold On

*Kolfinna's POV*

Chris wrapped me in a silk white robe with lace trim. It was soft to the touch and draped over my curves lightly.

"Christopher, where on earth did you find this?" I whispered, feeling the fabric In between my fingers. He smiled and leaned down, kissing my cheek.

"I had the girls go with me to help pick something out at the lingerie store. A belated honeymoon gift, if you will." He replied, tying the front for me. I reached up and kissed him.

"Thank you darling, I love it." I responded before brushing out my now dry hair. My white curls now reached down my back and to my mid waist. Chris got behind me and trailed light kisses down my neck.

"I think it's time for you to meet your little one." He whispered. I smiled and took his hand in mine, walking out of the bedroom and down the stairs. I heard the talking of the coven, mixed with Chris' mom and little sister. I reached the door of the stairs and pulled Chris up next to me. He smiled down at me as I held his arm close to my body. We entered the dining area and everyone was either seated eating, or in the kitchen fixing a plate. I noticed Allie was holding the small bundle of black blankets. She had a bottle filled to the brim with human blood in one hand. Tiny pale hands gripped at the bottle. Everyone looked up as we entered the room and gave me a warm, welcoming smile. Kylie, Ryan-Ashley, Jessicah and Kelly gave me a group hug. Ryan and Ricky waved while Devin, Angelo, and Balz just smiled. Allie gave me a knowing smile from where she was feeding Chris and I's child. I broke away from Chris and the girls, walking over to where Allie was feeding. When the child caught sight of me, she stopped feeding and pushed the bottle away, reaching out for me.

"I think someone wants her mommy." Allie cooed, standing up and setting the bottle on the table. She took the child and rested her small body in my arms. I tucked some of her deep black locks back, and traced her pudgy cheek. Chris came up next to me and looked down at our lovely child.

"Ya know, she still needs a name." He whispered, allowing her to hold his index finger. She giggled and stuck his finger in her mouth, slightly gnawing at him. I laughed slightly and thought for a moment.

"Fawn. Her name is Fawn."

*Chris' POV*
~1 month later~

It's been a month since Fawn was born. She was a healthy little girl, and got into anything and everything. We had moved back to New Orleans and had adjusted the loft to be baby safe. She was beginning to crawl and scoot around the loft, advancing quick like most vampire children. The coven had moved to New Orleans with us, buying their own apartments, lofts, and houses. Kolfinna was standing in front of her easel painting while I sat on the floor and played with Fawn. She was sitting and playing with her stuffed bat, only in her diaper.

"You're daddy's little princess aren't you?" I cooed, picking her up. She girgled and kicked, giggling at me and reaching for my face.

"Hey, I thought I was daddy's little princess." Kolfinna smirked from where she was painting. I stood up and held Fawn to my chest, walking over to my beautiful mate. I kissed her cheek.

"No, you're daddy's baby girl." I purred in her ear. She giggled and set down her brush, turning and looking at Fawn.

"She's gotten so big." She smiled and plucked Fawn from my arms. She put Fawn up on her chest and bounced her slightly. Suddenly the doorbell sounded. It was some type of gothic chime that Kolfinna had rigged. "Oh, Christopher, would you please get that for me? The girls and I are going to lunch, and I'm going to dress her." She asked, walking over to the bed and laying Fawn on our white comforter. I nodded and walked over to the door, opening it. A guy with dreadlocks looked back at me.

"Uh...Kolfinna still lives here, correct?" He asked. He had a small mail cart in front of him.

"Depends on who's asking." I replied, raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms. He smelled like a human, no vampire here.

"Um, I'm the mail clerk for the building. I've known Kolfinna for a while, I bring up her mail. I'm sorry, who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Kolfinna's husband." His eyes widened but he quickly composed himself.

"Funny, she never mentioned having a husband..." He drifted, looking me up and down.

"Newly married." I replied through gritted teeth. I was about to slam the door in his face, but Kolfinna called out to me before I could.

"Chris, darling, who on earth is at the do-" she stopped next to me and looked at the man in front of her door. "Lance." She breathed, sounding a little surprised.

"Hey, I came up to bring you your mail. So this is why you were gone? Long distance boyfriend? Ya know, if you were already in a relationship you didn't have to lie to me when I asked you out. Just would've liked for you to have been truthful."

"Hold up. This guy asked you out?" I turned to look at Kolfinna.

"Chris, you don't understand, it was before we committed." She looked at me with a 'get the hint' look. "Look, Lance, I apologize if you feel as if I was leading you on-"

"Hell yeah I feel like you were leading me on! I ask you out multiple times and you don't have the decency to tell me you're in a relationship. That makes me feel like an ass!" He began raising his voice and Kolfinna just looked at her feet, unable to face him. I got sick of how he was treating her.

"Hey! Don't talk to my wife like that. Just because she doesn't understand what she's doing at times, doesn't give you the right to raise your voice at her. She can be a little fucked up at times, but god damn it that's why I love her. Now do your fucking job and just give us the mail and be on your way." I snapped at him, stepping in front of my mate. He handed me her mail with a grouchy expression and, before he turned to leave, I slammed the door in his face. "Fucking piece of shit prick." I mumbled, handing her the mail before kissing her.

"Thank you." She whispered, laying it on the nightstand.

"Just get Fawn dressed and go out with the girls. Have fun, don't think about it." I replied looking at Fawn.