Douche

*Kolfinna's POV*

I pulled into the driveway of the two story house, it being around 8:30 pm at the time. I took a deep breath and shut off the truck, stepping out into the cold Scranton air. I walked up to the door and took a few deep breaths. But right as I was about to knock, the door opened.

"Oh!" Chris' mom squealed, putting her hand over her non existent heart beat. "Kolfinna, darling, did you forget something? Where's Christopher?" She asked, opening the door wider for me to enter. "We were just about to leave for the dinner at Richard's." she spoke, leading me into the dining room.

"Chris and I sort of had a fight." I admitted, sitting down. She raised her eyebrows, a gesture for me to explain. "I didn't know he was heir to the coven throne, and Allie sort of let it slip. Well, he overheard and overreacted tremendously. He started yelling at her, I could see how frightened she was." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "Most female vampires are submissives, bowing to their mate's every need. I'm not that kind of mate. The way he was treating them, was like he was their master, and I wasn't okay with it. It was over something so small. If he wants to be with me, he must learn to not be so dominant." I said, twiddling my thumbs. Chris' mom gave me an apologetic look.

"Chris has difficulties sometimes. He has a lot of pent up anger for his father. Yes, it was wrong of him to yell at Allie, and it was wrong of him to take everything out on you and his family. But you must remember, Chris is still adjusting. He wants to conform to your needs. He's told me that himself." She smiled. My eyes travelled to hers.

"He told you he wanted to conform for me?" I asked, shocked at this information I was receiving. She placed her hand on mine and patted it, a caring smile forming on her lips.

"Of course he did. A few days after the ceremony, he called me one night while you were asleep. He told me about the submissive/dominant issue and he asked me what he should do to make you feel more comfortable. So I told him to give you your space, as much as you needed, and to just let you take control when you want to take control. He's still learning sweetie. You just have to give him some time." I smiled at her kind words. I didn't know Chris had been trying to make things work this entire time. I didn't realize everything he was doing for me. Just then, Chris' little sister walked in, but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me. She looked from me to her mother, and then back again. She folded her arms and had an annoyed look.

"What'd he do this time?" She asked, walking over to sit down. I explained everything to her and she looked pissed by the time I was through. "Ugh, I fucking told him-"

"Language." Her mother warned.

"I told him that not all women want to be treated like a piece of meat. I am so getting his ass when he gets home." She said, dragging out the so. "I assume dinner is canceled. And if not, it should be. Kolfinna and I are staying here for the night. She can stay with me in my room. Go to the dinner and tell Chris I'm taking care of her and that he's a douche bag." She said to her mom, grabbing my hand and leading me up the stairs.