Undead

*Chris' POV*

She hasn't woken up in four days. She just lays there, her body trying to absorb my cure. I put the stone back around her neck to make sure she was still undead. The pulsing of the stone is the only thing I had left to reassure me she was okay. The baby was beginning to get restless, only six days left until it's born. I refused to leave her sight for those days. She looked peaceful, but the long jagged horizontal scars on her arms made me know better than to think she was alright. She couldn't move, couldn't open her eyes, but I knew she could hear us. The other night I got angry and began to throw things. Her eyelids fluttered when I threw my dinner at the wall, shattering the plate into tiny shards. That was the only movement I was getting from her.

"Chris, you need to eat." Allie had said, handing me the food. I had refused to take it. And when she kept asking, I lost it and yelled at her, throwing the food against the wall. She had scurried from the room crying. Ryan still hadn't forgiven me for that. Now I sit here, looking at my mate's beautiful face. I held her small hand in mine, rubbing her 13 scar with my thumb.

"Christopher." I didn't look up, just kept watching Kolfinna. "Chris." Not answering. "Chris please look at me." I finally gave in. My sister was standing there with her suitor. He was an alright guy, very quiet with shaggy blonde hair. He was polite when he spoke, but that was rare.

"What?" I asked, rubbing at my face. "Michael and I think it'd benefit you to get out of the house for a while." I shook my head at her and leaned over Kolfinna, resting my head on her cold arm. "Chris please, you haven't left this room since you found her..." She drifted.

"And I intend to keep it that way until she wakes." I growled.

"And if she doesn't wake? What then Chris?"

"Get out." I whispered.

"W-what?" She croaked.

"I said, get out!" I yelled for the first time at my sister, grabbing her by the arm and pushing her out. Her eyes looked horrified, but I couldn't be bothered by it right now. That was until Michael grabbed my wrist and removed my hand.

"Don't you touch her like that." He growled.

"What're you gonna do Michael? Hm?" I asked, ripping my hand from his grip. He just stood there with a calm expression.

"We understand things are difficult right now Chris. But that doesn't give you the right to shove her. She only wanted to help her brother." Michael stated, taking my sister by the hand and leading her back downstairs.

I returned to my seat next to Kolfinna and touched her cheek.

"Don't worry baby, we'll make it through this. I know we can." I told her, leaning over and kissing her forehead.