Staring At the Sink of Blood and Crushed Veneer

*Kolfinna's POV*

I awoke to the scent of thick smoke. As I looked to my left, I realized where it was coming from. Chris had his head on my shoulder, one of his arms gently tucked over my waist. His scent was smoky, but not the kind that rolls off of cigarettes. He didn't smoke, if he did I'd be able to detect it. I watched him as he slept. Naturally, my instinct would be to shove him off of me, but this was different. He made everything seem and feel so right. I took this time to memorize his features, the was his lips curved smoothly, and how the studs in his lip gave a stark contrast. His eyelashes were long, brushing against his high cheekbones. It just came to my attention that he was wearing eyeliner. I smiled a little, not even bothering to check and make sure he didn't smudge it onto the white duvet.

"You've been watching for a while." I jumped, making a squeaky sound. While he chuckled, his eyes opened to show those giant brown orbs.

"Bastard." I muttered, hitting his chest. He just smirked and sat up, stretching his arms.

"That was probably the best I've slept in months, to be honest. Your mattress does wonders for my back."

"So glad you enjoyed yourself." I stood from my perch on the bed and grabbed a white cut off babydoll T, white high waisted shorts, and my white leather boots.

"Where are you going?" He asked politely.

"I'm going to take a shower, change into some fresh clothes, go out and get you some clothes, then you're going to get dressed because we have a big day today." I spoke, walking over to the rather large bathroom. "Help yourself to the kitchen." He nodded before I disappeared into the bathroom. I turned the water on so it'd burn my skin, just how I liked it. I stripped out of my clothing and stepped in, shuddering from the heat. I could feel the giant slashed scars burn with the raw force of the water. I grabbed the walls for leverage so I wouldn't fall from the pain. Finally, my breath hitched and my eyes slammed shut. My back was finally able to withstand the heat. "God damn." I mutter when the water starts cooling down. I quickly clean myself up before the water becomes too cold. After that was over, I grabbed my towel and shut off the water, stepping out. The air chilled me and I cringed, quickly drying off and tugging on my clothes. When I walked out, I could see Chris standing on the balcony, just watching the people go by, in his underwear. I walked out behind him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "I'm going to run over to a friend's house right quick and see if he has anything that you could wear today. You're both about the same size." I told him.

"You're leaving me here?" he questioned, and I couldn't help but giggle slightly.

"Just for a few moments. Terry should have some things for you." I spoke, patting his shoulder before turning and grabbing my keys. "I'll be back soon!" I called over my shoulder before walking out.

~Terry's House~

I knocked on the door, only to have Tania answer. She looked tired, must've just woken up.

"K? Why are you here so early? What's wrong?" she doesn't know I'm a vampire. "Come in."

"Thanks. Um, nothings wrong, I just wanted to know if Terry had any extra clothes I could borrow?" Her eyebrows scrunched up a little.

"For painting? Sure." She spoke, about to turn, but I stopped her.

"No, actually, my boyfriend came over from Scranton and doesn't have any appropriate clothes for work today." I rushed out. A huge smile broke across Tania's face at this. She was always telling me I needed to get a man.

"We are so talking about this later." she squealed, taking my hand and dragging me into Terry's bedroom. He was still passed out on the bed with Tania's evil old man dog. "Here." she handed me a pair of ripped up, baggy blue jeans, a Slayer T-shirt, and some boots. "That should do him for today. Just wait till mom meets him." she winked. I rolled my eyes, thanking her, then left shortly. I got back home around 8:00 am. "Throw these on." I tossed the clothes and shoes at Chris.

"What's this all for?" he asked, pure curiosity etched across his features.

"You're going to work with me today."