{chapter eight}

(Zaria's POV)

A few minutes had gone by with Ashton here. The idea of us being just friends oddly enough, made me smile. I had no real friends here, just people I would exchange a conversation with during class or random people that I would meet here and there. Paris was all the way back in Miami so you could say I was alone for the most part. Arizona was my only real friend at this point.

I looked over at Ashton. He was nicely settled on my couch and was watching White Chicks. I was never one for romantic movies, comedy just seemed like a better fit for me. Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy a good cry once in a while. Ashton had on a simple shirt that had "The Strokes" printed on the front and a black hoodie on. The jeans on his legs seemed awfully tight but not tight enough that he couldn't move. I cursed at myself for not changing into some actual pants and not just knee high socks. Thankfully my blanket was enough to cover me up. Ashton's dimples would be on display each time he would laugh at a joke being told by the movie. He wasn't such a bad sight to be looking at. He turned his head and his eyes locked with mine. I looked away quickly and turned to the movie.

"Zaria, why do you live by yourself?" Ashton had a habit of always asking questions out of nowhere. I turned my head to see his eyes already on me.

"My bestfriend lives in Miami, as you already know, and I don't mind the extra space. Plus, Arizona keeps me plenty of company" I sighed looking away from him. The real reason was because I had no friends that I was close enough to move in with.

"Ah, I see" I was glad that Ashton let that go, I wasn't in the mood to talk about it.

Ashton took a handful of popcorn and turned back to the movie. I was checking my phone to see the time when a piece on popcorn softly hit my forehead. I looked up to see Ashton with a huge smile plastered on his face. I giggled and grabbed some popcorn and aimed it at his body. Soon we were at an all out popcorn fight. He chased me all the way to my room, the bowl of popcorn in his hand. I leaned against my bed and Ashton came in and threw all the popcorn at me. We both were smiling and laughing. The whole situation seemed a bit childish but I hadn't laughed this much in a long time. Ashton set the bowl on the floor as I sat on my bed. He slowly reached out his hand and started picking at my hair.

"Sorry babe, I got some popcorn in your hair" he was focused on trying to get all of the popcorn in my hair out. For the first time I didn't bark at him for calling me babe, in fact my heart fluttered when he did.

"I-It's okay" why was I so nervous all of a sudden? Ashton chuckled when I stuttered, only embarrassing me more. Ashton looked into my eyes and I felted my heartbeat increase by a thousand.

"You have beautiful eyes Zaria" Zaria. This is the first time Ashton had called me by my name without me having to force it out of him. Suddenly, I was missing him calling me babe.

"Thank y-you" I cursed my stuttering problem. This time Ashton didn't chuckle, instead he pushed me back softly on my bed. He hovered over me, his elbows rested on each side of my head holding up his own weight to not crush me. My palms got sweaty and I felt my body freeze. I saw him close his eyes and pucker his lips slightly. I knew he was going to kiss me except this time I wasn't going to stop him. I was shocked that my body knew how to react to him as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed him down to close the small space between us. I felt him smile into the kiss as he tried to deepen it. I felt his warm tongue glide over my bottom lip, almost asking for permission to enter my mouth. I started to panic a little so I decided against it. Ashton groaned when he realized that I wasn't going to open my mouth. He slide his large hands down the side of my stomach and down to my exposed leg. I had forgotten that I was only in my oversized jersey. He slightly lifted my leg enough to get a good grip on my thigh. He gave it a gentle squeeze and I gasped. He took the chance to sneak his tongue into my mouth. Sneaky little thing he was.

(Ashton's POV)

After my popcorn fight with Zaria I found myself admiring her fit figure. I would be lieing to myself if I said that I didn't like the way she was dressed. Once we got into her bedroom I knew I had to kiss her. Holy shit, she was a good kisser. After her little teasing game, I knew I was right when I said she was a tease.

Once I got my tongue into her mouth we started battling for dominance. I quickly won being that she gave up after a few seconds. I broke our little makeout session and traveled my lips down to her neck. She smelt like vanilla, sugar, and everything nice. I slightly sucked and licked the spot of skin behind her ear, most girls had the same weak spot. Zaria was no exception. She let out a moan and fuck, it was the hottest shit I had ever heard. Needless to say, the tent in my pants got a little bit bigger. I kept sucking on the same spot, driving Zaria crazy.

"Ash..." she slighty moaned. I got up and sat next to Zaria, looking at her. Panic quickly set in her facial expression and she sat up as well.

"What's wrong?" she quickly asked.

"Nothing, nothing. That was just the first time you have called me Ash, I liked the way it sounded" I said smiling and it was true. There was something oddly satisfying about Zaria calling, or moaning in this case, me Ash instead of Ashton. Her cheeks blushed a bright red color.

(Zaria's POV)

I quickly snapped out of it. We were suppose to be friends, not friends with benefits. I slapped Ashton's arm.

"Ow, what the heck? What was that for?" he said while rubbing his arm to ease the pain.

"Because you idiot, you kissed me! We were suppose to be just friends, last time I checked friends don't go around making out with other friends" I got up and looked down at him. He stood up and got closer to me.

"You didn't stop me! Plus by the sound of your moans I know you liked it just as much as I did" Ashton smirked at me. I felted my cheeks get red once again, he was right. I did enjoy it, more than I was willing to admit to myself.

"Maybe you should leave" I wasn't sure if I was more upset with Ashton or myself. Ashton for kissing me or myself for going along with it.

"Fine, this was uh, fun." Ashton said while walking out of my bedroom. I followed behind him and opened the door for him to get out of my apartment. He turned around and quickly pecked my lips.

"ASHTON!" I wiped my lips and glared at him.

"I'll call you later babe" he said with his signature smirk on his lips. I shut the door in his face and went back into my living room. I saw the huge popcorn mess that Ashton and I had created. I got my vacuum and cleaned it all up. It was in my living room, bedroom, and even in the kitchen. Once I was done I went back to my couch and cuddled with Arizona. I put on some random cartoon on the television.

As I pet Arizona I couldn't help but to think of how Ashton's lips felt against mine. They were soft and felt like heaven. I had no idea what came over me when I wrapped my arms around him but it seemed almost like an instinct. I was embarrassed when I moaned out loud but Ashton seemed to enjoy it, he just kepted sucking on my neck harder. I let out a deep sigh, we were just suppose to be friends. Friends don't do stuff like this. This was Ashton's fault, but I couldn't deny that it was also partly my fault. I enjoyed making out with Ashton and I loved how his lips felt against mine. Even worse, I liked having him around. My biggest fear was coming true, I was starting to fall for Ashton.

((A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you so much for almost 450 reads, I didn't expect 10 reads let alone 450! Make sure to leave some feedback! I love you guys!

Twitter: @xacidashton))