Salt & Pepper

Y'all nico nico need to start giving me notifications again Wtf????

"You're Arthur, right?" Lukas looked like a pretty relaxed person. He wore a light grey sweater and a white scarf, pulled up against the September cold.
"Yeah. Lukas?"
"Ja." Lukas nodded and started to walk into the bar. Arthur followed him, nervous about this. He hadn't really done this in...well...ever. He met Francis in University and all of his other friends from school and work, so there was no talking to strangers and certainly no meeting them for the first time.
"I don't think I'm going to drink much." Lukas admitted. "I have to take Emil to school in the morning."
"My kids are all with their uncle." Arthur admitted. Alister was supposed to be dropping them all off where they needed to be and picking them up afterward so he could get as hungover as he wished.
"How many do you have?"
"How many what?" Arthur had phased out for a second and had no idea what was going on.
"How many kids."
"Oh. I've got three boys. The twins are six and the youngest one is three."
"Emil is five."
"How old was he when his mother..."
"Father." Lukas corrected. "And Matthias passed on over a year ago."
"I'm sorry." Arthur consoled as the pair sat down in one of the booths.
"It's fine." Lukas shrugged.
"How did it happen...if you don't mind?"
"He was drunk and convinced that he wasn't so he drove himself home." Lukas sighed. "Except he didn't get the whole way."
"Mmm." Arthur shifted his hands nervously in his lap. "Maybe we should talk about something lighter..."
"Ja. Good idea."
"So...where's that accent from?"
"Norway."
"I'm from England."
Lukas smirked. "Yeah. I can hear that."
"When did you move here?"
"Four years ago. Emil was only a baby."
"I've been here for eight years."
"That long? And it hasn't gotten boring?"
"I had Francis..." Arthur swallowed. Would it get boring without him?
"So...what's it like having twins? Do you ever get them confused?"
"Not usually. Matthew was always a bit of a baby and clung to us. Plus Alfred is like a walking cup of coffee."
"It must be loud."
"That's an understatement. My ears still ring from their teething phase."
"I made mine eat ice through it all. We started calling him Icey because of it."
"The closest thing my kids have to nicknames is 'mattie', 'you shit', and 'the baby'." Arthur chuckled.
"Didn't you say he was three?"
"He will always be the baby."
"I feel bad for him now."
"I'm referring to him as the baby on his wedding day. I swear."
"That's evil."
"It's not evil!"
"I didn't say it was a bad thing. It's a father's job to annoy their children."
"Finally! Somebody gets it. Francis thought you were supposed to love them. Like, no??? You don't love your children. You love to embarrass them."
"Exactly!"
"I can't wait for the teen years."
"Oh yeah!"
"All covered in pimples...trying to hide their crushes from me." Arthur grinned. "Matthew is open about them now, but just wait!"
"How many crushes has this kid had?"
"He crushes on a lot of people. It's adorable. He had a crush on Jodie Whittaker about a month ago. I was so proud."
"She is pretty."
"We've always tried to be pretty relaxed about it and let him explore those feelings freely." Arthur eyed the bar menu. "If he wants to come out to us then he'll know we're open...I mean me...just me..." He suddenly felt sick.
"It'll be alright, Arthur." Lukas soothed, picking up on the mood change instantly.
Arthur took a deep breath. "I really need a drink."