170

Wow! I can't believe we're at chapter 170 already! I remember when I first started this it was January 9th. Trump wasn't even president yet and the world was at peace. Good times. Heheh.

"Daaaaaad! Matthew came running down the stairs two weeks before Christmas. "Alfred ate the brownie I was saving!"
"You should have hid it better! It was right under your pillow!"
"Matthew, we're going to get mice." Arthur rolled off the couch and onto the floor. He spent a lot of time there, just watching tv. Sometimes he didn't even get up to feed himself. The only thing that made him leave his spot was the kids.
"Don't pin this on me! Alfred ate my brownie!"
"He saved us from mice."
"You've got to do something! Give me justice for my brownie."
"Alfred, thank you for saving us from the mice, but you owe your brother a brownie."
"How am I supposed to get him one? I'm on a six year old's pay check here. My allowance is buttons."
"And it's gonna stay that low until you start doing chores around here."
"Matthew, you will get your brownie when I start getting minimum wage." Alfred promised. "Also I'm unionizing."
"Take that, Kevin O'Leary!" Matthew shouted.
"You two watch too many daytime news channels."
"And now, the weather."
"I swear to god..."
"Dad..." Matthew sat down on Arthur's chest
"Yes, love?"
"Can we watch Doctor Who again?"
"Which part?"
"I wanna watch the superhero one again!!!" Alfred hopped up on the couch, taking Arthur's spot. What a heathen. This was definitely Francis's child.
Well...technically Arthur couldn't blame Francis on anything Alfred did...could he?
"You always want to watch the superhero one."
"Yeah."
"And?"
"And what?"
"You...don't have a reason?"
"Nope."
"Okay then."
"Dad?"
"Yes, Matthew?"
"Can I make you tea?"
"Do you know how?"
"No."
"I'll show you." Arthur picked himself up and carried Matthew to the kitchen. He set the child down and pulled up a chair so the poor short thing could reach the counter.
"Okay, so all you have to do is put water in the kettle, turn it on, wait for the water to boil, put the teabag in the mug and then the milk and a spoonful of sugar or honey. Then, put the hot water in and wait for it to steep, okay?"
"Got it."
"So you're good on your own, then?"
"Yep." The child nodded.
"I'll go put Doctor Who on for you, then. Call if you need help."
"Aye."
"Also please don't talk like Alister. I listened to enough of that growing up."
"Oaky dokey."
"It's not too late for the fire station, kid." Arthur disappeared into the living room where Alfred was on the floor playing peacefully with Peter. What good kids. Wait was that duct tape? Was Alfred putting duct tape on Peter's hands.
"Alfred no!"
"Aw but dad."
"He has delicate skin."
"Wimp."
"Alfred, put the tape away and get back on the couch."
"Fiiiine." Alfred did as he was told, just as Matthew waddled into the living room with a cup of tea.
"It's done already?"
"Yep!" Matthew handed the beverage to Arthur like a good little boy.
"See, Alfred. Why can't you be more like your-" he took a sip. "Matthew, what the hell is this?"
"Tea?"
"You didn't put tea in it."
"Damn mainlanders."
"What?"
"That's how they do it in Newfoundland."
"We are not in Newfoundland. You treat tea with respect, young man."
"What do you know?" Alfred piped up. "You stole tea from Asia."
"You talk to me like this...in my own home..." Arthur held his free hand to his chest. Why the hell did he agree to make this little demons again?

Guys, I'm really tired and shit and have assignments so I'm gonna take another week off. I'm sorry :/