Stormful Vals

Lukas sighed, staring into his coffee cup while Emil played with his toys on the floor.
He hadn't heard from Arthur in ages and he was greatly concerned.
"Pappa?" Emil climbed onto the couch, pulling at the package in the front pocket of Lukas's shirt.
"Whåt?"
"Lick her rice."
"Emil...we need to work on this." Lukas sighed. He knew what his child wanted, but he couldn't reward bad behaviour.
"Liquor Ice."
"You're too young to drink."
"Wait until you're ten." Matthias would have said.
"Nei!"
"Emil, pronounce it like you didn't just use autocorrect."
"Liquorice."
"Good." Lukas took the liquorice out of his pocket and let his child take a piece as a reward for no longer acting like he was dropped on his head as an infant.
He had been dropped a few times, mostly by Mathias, but he didn't have to fucking act like it.
Also...
Who the fuck actually likes black liquorice.
This was coming from a dude who spent his college years eating canned mackerel in tomato sauce, but still.
If anything that just showed how fjucking awful black liquorice was. If you could eat that trash and still think goth candy tastes shitty then black liquorice must be REALLY bad.
Anyway I digress.
"Thank."
"Thank what?"
"Thank."
"You are going to grow up really great, I can tell." Lukas rolled his eyes.
"Pappa?"
"Ja?"
"When can I play with the other boys again?"
"You...you liked playing with them...?"
"Yeah."
"You barely even looked at them last time."
"I know. But they looked fun."
"You're insane, kiddo. I'll see what I can do."
He had no idea where to start with this. He had a feeling that Arthur didn't want to be his friend anymore, but Lukas really liked him and their kids had the potential to be good friends, which was great because Emil was kind of a loser. The upside of that was Lukas being able to have his kid around more often, but the downside was that Emil could become emo and completely reject him in his teen years.
He couldn't just call Arthur up and tell him to think of the children.
Could he??
A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts but also may have been the answer to his prayers.
He walked across the apartment to answer the call.
"Lukas!" Tino, yes he's finally appearing, greeted. He was holding their adopted baby, Erland, who was probably actually a potato.
"What?"
"There's some strange man looking for you. He's been knocking on doors all day and he's wearing a skirt and it looks pretty good on him, but anyway Berwald is making sure he isn't some stalker or something.
"Oh...uh..." Who the fu-oh..."I think that's Alister."
"Who?"
"Some Scottish dude."
"Öööh! That explains the skirt...and why he asked Erland if he wanted some whiskey?"
"Erland is three months old."
"I know. He should at least wait until he's seven."
"Lukas! There you are!" A voice rang out.
Speak of the devil...
"Alister, what is this about?" Lukas asked, tired beyond belief with this situation.
"It's Arthur...I need to ask a favour."