Epilogue-Part One

If wattpad is gonna fill their site with ads and shit and charge for premium accounts, the LEAST they could do is use that revenue to pay their writers like YouTube does. It's just an idea.

"Alfred has way too much acne and it concerns me."
"All fourteen year olds have acne, Arthur. Relax."
"I can't. He keeps trying to squirt pimple juice in Peter's eye and it's disgusting. I already have two blind children. I don't need another." Arthur stirred his straw around his glass of water. The pair was celebrating their four year anniversary of living together at the bar where they had first met.
Had it really been eight years since then? He had almost been a widower for a decade.
Wow.
"At least your kid isn't driving the family into debt with a liquorice addiction."
"He could be on crack."
"Yeah, but he looks like he's chewing tobacco when he eats that stuff. It's disgusting."
"Do you think it's too late to give them up for adoption?"
"Absolutely."
"I guess our only escape is to change our names and disappear into the Australian outback."
"Speaking of Australia...wasn't Liam supposed to be a more relevant part of the story?"
"Yeah but so was the romance so..."
"Good point."
"I'm glad we wrapped that up."
"Speaking of wrapping things up..." Lukas shuffled nervously. "Do you think...we should do that...?"
"Do what?"
"Wrap it up...your finger, I mean...with a ring...."
"A...are you...?"
"Proposing to you? Yeah. Just a bit." Lukas swallowed. He felt like he was gonna shut himself. What if Arthur said no? What if he was rejected? What if I can't get this chapter to five hundred words? What if my entire career as a fanfiction author goes down the drain due to my lack of motivation and the rewards I receive? What if I never find love? What if my life is meaningless and I don't leave an impact on the world?? What if birds understood what you were thinking? What would happen then?
"Francis did it better."
"Well, Matthias did too..."
"Maybe...maybe we will never get what we had wth them."
"We won't." Lukas declared, only 169 words away from getting this over with. "But we can have something different. This proposal isn't worse...it's just different."
"No. It's definitely bad. But I see your point."
Lukas rolled his eyes.
"Okay. So how about this," he got down on one knee and pulled a golden ring out of his pocket, holding it out for Arthur.
"Oh...uh..."
"Arthur, when Matthias died, I thought I would never be able to love again. I thought he was my good end, my final stopping point. But sometimes you take a train and you go to a stop and find out it sucks...wait that's a shitty metaphor one sec..." He paused, "sometimes you go to a train station and it catches on fire."
"How often do you have this happen?"
"There are a LOT of trains in Europe. Some stations must catch on fire sometimes."
"Good point."
"Anyway, when those train stations catch on fire, I imagine most people just get back on and go to another station. And sure, the new station might be grumpy in the morning and it's kids might be complete assholes, but that doesn't mean that one is worse than the one on fire. For one...this new train station might be way better with money than the first...and not as arrogant...and it may not show its affection as much...but sometimes that's a good thing because that first train station got annoying as fuck on occasion. My point is...I love you and I want you to marry me. Do you want to?"
Arthur smiled, glad that they reached five hundred...no...six hundred words.
"Yes, Lukas. I do."

I wish I was a rabbit because if they get lonely they just fucking die