Chapter 6: Two Bombshells and a Sunset.

"Literally, what the fuck?" Jess says.

The Girls sit across the table from me - mouths ajar. It's break time on a slightly chilly Monday morning and I've just finished telling the girls all about my car ride with Charlie.

"Well, someone had a busy day yesterday didn't they?" Sian says, smirking at me. "It sounds like you two had a lot of fun after we left you."

The events that occurred yesterday have long since settled into my brain. I spent the rest of my night last night trying to not get too upset over the thought that the exchange between Charlie and I is about the closet thing I will ever get to being in a relationship with that boy. Yes, I'm glad I experienced it - but it left me crushing on him a shit tonne harder.

"OK, fuck it," Jess begins. "I'm calling it now. You two are gonna get together."

I physically laugh at even the thought of that.

"You can laugh Dan... but perhaps Jess' theory isn't as far off from reality as you think. I mean, he was very interested to know if you were gay or not..."  Sian says.

"And he remembered what song you liked and then played it in the car for you." Jess adds. I suppress the feeling of hope that's currently bubbling up through my stomach.

"He's straight, guys." I remind.

"But you don't know that..." Jess replies.

"But he didn't argue when I called him 'Straight Boy' when I got out his car..." I argue. "Wait... I didn't argue back when he called me 'Gay Boy' again," I rub my temples. "Which basically means I confirmed that I'm gay."

"Great! Now he knows, you two can get together." Sian says leaning back in her chair.

"He remembered what song I liked and he brought me a milkshake... I hardly need to start posting wedding invites just yet."

"I'll book the venue later..." Jess smirks. I'm about to respond to her with a sassy remark when I'm interrupted by the sound of the bell. Break's over. All three of us rise out of our seats and pack up our bags.

"What've you two got?" I ask the Girls, referring to what lesson they'll be spending the next two hours in.

"Double free's, you?" Sian answers.

"Double Media..."

"Ooo. You're gonna see lover boy!" Jess mocks.

"I will rip your hair right out of your scalp - one split end at a time, Sis." I warn.

We all walk into the corridor and go our separate ways. They go towards the study room and I head for Media - trying not to let my excitement make me walk too fast. As I exit the Sixth Form block, I hear Anne call my name from behind.

"Dan, hold up!" She says as she comes bounding over to me.

"Hey!" She breathes once she reaches me and we start walking together.

"You alright?" I smile.

"Yeah not bad, you?"

"Tired, but I'm good..."

We weave our way through the Maths Corridor and try not to step on any Year 7's.

"Did you hear about what's happening this lesson?" Anne asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Uh... no?"

"Apparently," She lowers her voice. "Miss has a surprise for us..."

"Oh God, this can't be good."