Chapter 34: The Truth Comes Out.

A day late, but this shit took so long to write. I think this is probably the longest chapter yet. So brace yourself.

Also brace yourself for the cliff hanger at the end, because this is my favourite! one! of! the! book! people!

Just a few more chapters to goooo!

Hope you enjoy x

///

I've condemned Charlie and mines lack of ability to be careful many times before, and right now is a prime example of why.

For a start, the Common Room is hardly the place for a closeted couple to have a shouting match. Literally, anyone could've walked in; we're lucky it's only Sian and Jess. I mean, I say it's only Sian and Jess, but at the same time, it's Sian and Jess. They're not really two people that I wanted to find out about all of this, especially not during a period where Charlie and I are at each other's throats. I always pictured Charlie and I sitting them down and gently telling them the news in a loving and happy way. I certainly didn't picture them finding out this way. Now I have no idea how they're going to react or whether they're actually going to be supportive of the relationship or not. Even though I suppose there isn't really a relationship to support anymore.

Back to my point though, it really could've been anyone bursting through those doors. And had Charlie been facing the door, we wouldn't be in this mess. Thankfully he was the only one out of the three of us to have our back to it. I also would like to point out that we wouldn't be in as much of a mess as we are now if the boy has stopped when I first signalled him to.  The girls walked in on him facing "...after everything we've been through, and the effort we made to patch shit up that I would be as dumb as to throw that away on some random girl?!". And if he stopped there, we could've probably come up with a lie and spun what he said into something less dramatic. But because he kept on going and went on to say stuff like "...all I wanted was you but had Tamara instead," and the part where he said "...The bottom fucking line is I love you and that I'm your fucking boyfriend,". As I'm sure you'll agree, they're not as easy to get out of.

So here we are, the 5 of us all standing in the Common Room in stunned silence.

Austin hasn't looked up from the floor in about 60 seconds, Charlie looks like he half can't compute what's just happened and half is cursing himself out in his head, Sian looks a mixture of confused and shook, and Jess looks mainly shocked and a tiny bit angry. Of course, it's humanly impossible for me to be able to see the look on my own face without the help of a reflective surface, but I imagine I'm probably bright red and completely shellshocked. I feel like I could also combust at any moment, so I'm sure that's worked its way onto my face as well somehow.

After what I estimate of being two minutes of silence, finally, someone speaks.

"So, uh," Charlie starts nervously. "How much of that did you hear?"

He doesn't turn around to face them when he asks that, he just stares at me in fear. Maybe because it's both our issue, or maybe he's looking at me for comfort. I suppose it's easier to face me than to face them, right now.

"Enough." Sian's the one to reply. "Enough to confuse us."

"Enough for us to demand to know what the fuck is going on." Jess joins in. 

I try and deflect the conversation. "Why are you guys even here? I thought you were gonna go speak to Mr Giggs about your English and go study in the Uni Room?"

"Giggs wasn't there and some fuckers got to the Uni Room before us. We thought we'd come here and revise with you." Sian informs.

"Don't change the subject, Adams." Jess hisses at me, using my last name for added effect. "What the fuck is going on?!" She looks at Charlie. "And why the fuck were you shouting at our friend, please?! That's my job."