Chapter 28: Bambi & Thumper.

HI HELLO HI!
Cue my usual apology about the late upload.
For real though, sorry y'all. Ya boy got accepted into Uni last week, and everything since then has been hectic as fuuuuck
Lord.
THANK YOU FOR STICKING AROUND AND WAITING!
Hmu with all the mistakes I've probably made.
SEE YOU SOON (hopefully)

////
MARCH 2018

It's kind of funny how Mondays don't phase me anymore. A few months ago, I used to be apart of the Sunday Night Blues club and would dread the termination of the weekend. Nowadays, ignoring the fact that Mondays are one of my worst days lesson wise, it's actually become a highlight of my week. That's mainly down to the fact that Monday breaks the two day hiatus that Charlie and I have from each other.

Perhaps we're being too careful with this keeping our relationship a secret malarkey, because he could easily come to my house over the weekend and hang out like normal "friends" do and no one will be any the wiser. But the thing is that we can't be sure. My friends do have a tendency to turn up at my house unannounced when they desire to do so, and can you imagine the drama if my parents opened the door to Sian and Jess and told them that I'm upstairs with Charlie?

I actually snort when I think about that image. I mean, it wouldn't be funny, but it would be quite entertaining if they found out that way.

As I enter the Sixth Form block and finally exit from the freezing drizzle that plagues the early spring air, I head towards the Uni Room. The block is cold this morning and the damp soles of my shoes are squeaking as I walk, making me wish I was still under my warm duvet resting. At least it's not snowing anymore though.

I push open the Uni Room door and the familiar creek radiates into the corridor behind me. "Good morning." I exhale my usual greeting and then I'm surprised to find I only get one response back.

"Morning." Jess says tiredly, slouching in her chair and scrolling through her phone.

She's the only one in here.

"Did I miss something?" I say as I try to recall any messages from Sian about her not being in today.

My question seems to be the right one because Jess immediately locks her phone and sits up. "Yes, you did actually."

I put my wet backpack on the table and slide down into my usual seat. The thing that I've missed can't be anything bad because Jess seems to be bursting to tell me what it is.

"Okay I only found out because Austin told Adam." Jess begins. "I don't know when she was gonna tell us but,"

"But?"

"Y'know they went on a date yesterday, right?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, after they went on their date, they went back to Austin's house. Turns out his parents were at his Aunt's house for the night."

"And this is news because?"

She drops her head and gives me a look. "Dan. They had a house to themselves for a night. Think about it."

When it dawns on me, my jaw drops and my eyes widen. "...shut the fuck up."

Jess nods excitedly. "Yes. Uh huh. That's right."

"Did they?..."

"Well I don't know for sure, but Adam told me that Austin and her had planned to the second they found out they would come back to an empty house."