Chapter 17: F*ck You, Charlie Hawthorne.

TW: This chapter contains scenes of sexual harassment and non-consensual actions. Please do not read if this will affect you.

Thank you for all your support thus far, I love y'all sm

//

"Guys, this is gonna be so fun," Jess squeals. "All of us... partying until the early hours of the morning."

"Or until you pass out and we have to carry you home like last time." Sian throws back, making me giggle at the memory.

"I'll be responsible tonight, Guys. I promise."

"I'll believe that when I fucking see it." I say as I scroll through my phone.

It's a sunny Friday afternoon in the last week of February. We've been back from half term for a week now, and everyone would be half dead from trying to get back into the routine of things if it wasn't for Sophie Clifton's birthday party later tonight.

When Sophie first told me and the others in our Media class about her party a few weeks ago, I wasn't going to go. But when I told her that, she said that if I didn't go she would hunt me down and kill me.

So I made the wise decision to not turn down the invite again.

"So, are we all meeting there, then?" Sian asks.

"Mmhmm," I hum.

"What time?"

"Mason & I are gonna get there for 7, I think." I respond.

"And Mason?" They both gasp, making me realise I've forgotten to tell them.

"Well, yeah." I say sheepishly. "My parents left this morning for their weekaway to the coast, so I needed someone to take me there. I felt bad asking him to take me and pick me up without actually inviting him to come, so."

"Wow," Jess grins triumphantly. "That sounds like a pretty boyfriend-y thing to do."

"For the last time," I sigh. "Mason isn't my boyfriend - we're just..."

"Fucking?" Sian suggests.

"No!" I cringe. "We're just not, like, together."

"Not much you aren't."

"What are you, then?" Jess inquires.

"Not friends... but not, like," I do a hand gesture. "Y'know."

"Have you kissed him yet?" She asks.

"He's kissed me a couple times, yeah."

"Yes, but have you kissed him yet?" Jess leans in.

"Well, no."

They both exchange a look.

"Do you want to?" Sian ponders.

"I don't know..."

They exchange another look.

"Well I think that's very telling then, isn't it?" Jess sighs.

"Of?"

"We'll leave that up to you to work out." She says before going back to finishing off her RE homework.

I know exactly what they're thinking, but I choose to ignore it.

"I'm gonna go pee." I tell them to avoid this subject going any further.

As I walk out of the Uni Room, I hear the bass thumping from the Common Room. I don't know who's idea it was to put a pair of speakers in there for students to use, but I bet they regret it now.