Chapter 21: Pinocchio.

TW: This chapter contains scenes where there is mention of sexual harassment and non-consensual actions. Please do not read if this will affect you.

I'm uploading this instead of doing a Media essay that's due in tomorrow... and I don't regret it one bit.

Sorry for the extra long wait... I do actually try to get shit up on time I PROMISE!

//

"What could he possibly want?" Charlie exclaims.

"I don't know," I panic slightly. "but he's not gonna leave until I speak to him."

"He might go if we don't open the door."

"He won't. He knows I can't go anywhere because my parents are away. If I don't answer, he'll keep knocking and he'll get more and more angry."

The door bell goes again.

"I'm not letting you open that fucking door." Charlie whisper screams. "I'll go down and get rid of him."

"Yeah, because him seeing you're here is gonna help things."

"It might!" He tries to defend his idea, but I'm not having it.

"Look," I rub my temples. "I'll go and see what he wants. You stay in the living room so you can hear what's happening."

He shakes his head slightly. "I don't like this idea one bit."

Mason knocks loudly on the door and calls out my name. "Dan?!"

"See!" I do a hand gesture and feel my panicking start to get more and more severe. "He's not gonna leave!"

"Okay, hold on now. Take a breath." He rests a hand on my arm. "Go and see what he wants, and if he goes crazy, I'll come and help you out. Okay?" I look him in the eyes. "Nothing's gonna happen." He promises.

I follow his advice and release a large intake of air. "Fine."

Without another word, I walk out my bedroom door and head for the stairs. Charlie follows closely behind me as we travel downwards, his hand pressed up against the small of my back for comfort.

When we get to the bottom, he flashes an encouraging smile before disappearing into the living room.

I take a second to compose myself and just stare at the door. Through the frosted glass, I can see his figure moving about. The hairs on the back of neck stand to attention at the thought of having to see him again. I was sure yesterday was the last time I would ever have to deal with him... apparently I was incorrect.

He knocks hard once again, snapping me out of my fear fuelled trance.

"Alright, alright," I shout to him and make my way towards the door. "I'm coming."

When I arrive at it, I debate whether or not to put the chain on or not, but decide against it quickly.

I pull down the handle and inch the door towards me, bracing myself just in case he barges in. But he doesn't.

As the door opens fully, it reveals a standing Mason. His posture is slightly hunched, with bruises browning on his face and around his busted lip.

"Hi." He says, plastering on a sorry smile.

"What do you want?"

He sighs. "To apologise."

"Apology not accepted." My aim is to keep this short and sweet. "Anything else?"