Chapter 36 - Clichés (Reprise) [Finale].

Oh my god????
THE DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED.
WELCOME TO THE LAST EVER CHAPTER OF "THE HAWTHORNE EFFECT"!!!

I actually can't believe it's all over, but I'll save all the emo stuff for an update I'll post next week.
For now, here we go, for the last time.
The last chapter.
I hope you love it.

- SBB

//

JUNE

The summer term has always been the fastest term that we have at school. I mean, the autumn term isn't bad, since we still get the tail end of the summer weather, but as soon as we come back from Christmas and January hits, the Spring Term comes moping in and seems to go about as fast as I do in PE cross country lessons. That's a lie I'm lowkey quite good at cross country, not that I'll ever admit my ability or fondness of it out loud. What's a better metaphor? The Spring Term goes as fast as I do in PE rugby lessons. Because I literally just stand there, fold my arms and don't move.

The Summer Term starts around April time and is much more hopeful. The daylight stays around longer, the temperature rises and school days pick up speed a monumental amount. In fact, the Summer Term is as fast as Year 7's running from one lesson to another. And, take it from me, that is blisteringly fast.

*Whenever a group of Year 7's run past me and the girls, Jess always turns around and shouts the iconic vine, Why are you running? WHY are you running? at them. I hope you get the reference, and if you did, I hope you laugh because I always do when she recites it at them with resentment. One time she shouted it at one of them and the poor child looked back with such fear that he ran into a wall and got a nose bleed. Thankfully the little boy, who's named turned out to be Harrison, laughed it off after we had taken him to the office and sat with him until the blood stopped. We see him around school sometimes and always stop and chat to him if we have time, and if we don't have time we just shout "you alright, nosebleed?" at him as we sail past. He always flashes us a smile. Although he never has stopped running to his lessons.

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent here. Where was I?

Oh yeah.

The Summer Term flies by at a speed matched only by flustered Year 7's trying to run from the Food Tech block at one end of the school to the French block at the other. And that's why it seems like my Mock Exams were only a week ago when in reality they were nearly a month ago now. And since then I have got both my results and my vital serotonin back. But y'all aren't here to read me rant about the fact that Mock Week was the worst thing to happen to me since teenage acne, you're here to hear about Charlie. Well, my friends, it's with a heavy heart that I tell you that we've just recently broken up, succumbing to insurmountable pressure laid upon us by going public with our relationship.

I'm joking.

Unfortunately, that boy still hasn't left me alone. Obsessed much?

Joking aside nothing much has really changed relationship wise. We're still as fond of each other as we've always been, except now we can show our fondness for each other with a little less restriction. Don't get me wrong, we're hardly all over each other in the corridors, we keep our PDA to a respectful minimum.

The obsession with the shock that came with our coming out also thankfully died down rather quickly, helped by the distraction of Mocks starting immediately after word got out. We still get stares and a couple awws if we're seen talking or sitting together in the Study Room, because yes we can do that now. He and I used to keep as much distance between us once we got into school, and now he just strolls into the Study Room and sits on the computer next to me to do some work. Or he'll saunter into the Uni Room and sit with Austin, Sian, Jess, sometimes Adam if he's around, and myself. Other times he'll come in just to kiss me on the head and run off, or he'll come in and ask for a pen or my phone charger and leave again. Recently though he's been coming in and nicking something from my Lunch before running back to the Common Room like a fucking racoon. I always scold him for it. The other day he took a whole ass muffin from me just as I was about to take my first bite. I was literally bringing it up to my mouth and he bursts in and swoops down like a fucking seagull and grabs it before flying away.