Chapter 24: Colonge (Close to You).

Hi, hi, hi!
Okay so this a v short chapter compared to some of the others, but I hope it's moderately tolerable.
Please, please, PLEASE let me know if there's any typos, I've been proved to be a horrible proof reader time and time again.

Also, y'all, my exams officially start in ONE month, so imma have to go on a break because I barely have time to think at the moment let alone write. WHICH IS SO ANNOYING BECAUSE POSTING CHAPTERS IS ALL I WANNA DO! UGH!!!
But imma post a lil update thing in a couple of days to tell y'all the details and shit.

THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU

//

My alarm's going to off any second now.

It's 6:29, I'm awake, but Charlie is not.

He's sleeping away while I lay here and count the seconds between his breaths. Some inhales and exhales are shorter than the others, but they're all deep and comforting to listen to. His body moves against my back as he does so, and his breathing moves the hairs on the top of my head slightly.

Although it's true that most of the mornings this week have gone the same way, the past couple mornings have felt different. Maybe it's because we're not holding anything back now. I mean, I could probably kiss him awake if I wanted to. But I don't; I enjoy hearing his cute, muffled snore.

It's now Friday, and my parents will be back tomorrow night. They've called and texted a couple times; they're having fun. I don't miss them that much though, I have someone to keep me company.

I miss my dog though.

I miss my dog very, very much.

They've all been away bordering two weeks now, and it's easy to see. The house is a bit of a mess, even though I've kept it relatively tidy as I've gone along - even going as far as staying home from school yesterday to clean - and there really is no food.

Yesterday was quite fun, though. I spent the day scrubbing and cleaning and dusting and hoovering and all that jazz. It was quite therapeutic.

Charlie still went to school, but when he came back, he walked through the front door holding the biggest bouquet of flowers I think I've ever seen. They're currently sitting in a vase on the breakfast bar.

Wednesday was fun too, except nothing out of the ordinary happened. The girls and I went in the Common Room again at lunch, as well as
break and before first bell. Austin and Adam came to sit with us on all three occasions, and, although I spent most of my time texting Charlie who was sitting across the room, I eventually started to become less and less of a fifth wheel and joined in on the conversations. Apart from the morning and break and lunch, Charlie and I didn't see each other much on Wednesday, but we made up for it after school.

And now, we're here, and it's Friday - the penultimate day of Charlie's stay at my house.

The alarm blares and the boy in conversation starts to stir behind me.

"Turn that shit off, would ya?" He mumbles, his voice low and sleepy.

I reach over to my phone and tap the screen - silencing the noise.

"Thanks."

"Don't go back to sleep," I tell him, already knowing that's exactly what he's doing. "We're not about to have a repeat of yesterday. We've gotta get up."

"Shut up and let me nap."

"You're so polite to me in the morning, I love it."

"I'm tired, leave me alone."