Chapter 31: My Bel-Air Baby.

TW:// mention of noncon events

Mature content warning:// mild sexual content

Hope is well with y'all!

We're approaching the end of the book thick and fast,,, not too many more chapters to go!

//

So guess who's in love?

Yup, that's right, ME.

And guess who's in love with me?

Yup, that's right, CHARLIE.

Sorry, I just like running that through my head.

Honestly, I really can't think of a time in my life when I've been happier. And, trust me, there have been serval occasions when I have been far from happy, so it almost feels alien at times to be this happy. It's like Charlie is just this magical being that fends off any negativity in my life for me. He's my very own superhero. 

It's also quite odd telling him that I love him several times a day. It stems from all those months of trying my best to not let that boy even get a whiff of the fact that I had feelings for him. I remember in science last year perfectly calculating the way I would give him paper from my book because I thought if I wasn't careful, he would be able to tell that I liked him - literally from the way I handed it to him.

Looking back at it now, I was stressing over nothing. There was no way doing something like that would've given me away. But even if it did, it may not have mattered. No wait, it wouldn't of mattered at all. If Charlie had worked out last year that I did like him, maybe things between him and I would've started a lot sooner. Or perhaps not... I'm not to know. But that is odd to think about. Perhaps we would have spent the summer together, or helped each other with our GCSE exams. Or maybe not. Maybe it would have needed something like the Media trip to trigger things, and nothing like that even came close to happening last year.

But, again, it's interesting to think about.

"And what are you daydreaming about, Mr?" The boy in question asks.

"You, actually."

"Oh really?" He beams. "I hope it's something funky fresh."

"Don't make fun of me."

We're in a double period of Media and, as always, we're slouched at the computers at the back just chilling. You would've thought someone like Sophie or Anne would get suspicious over us always coming back here and hiding - especially when you remember that Anne was the one that clocked something was going on between Charlie and I on the Media trip. But no, him and I are fine just sitting back and lazily doing the small amount of work that Miss Parks gives us.

"No, but, really." Charlie says quietly so the others, who sit across the room, can't hear. "What were you thinking about."

"Just how weird it is to tell you I love you all the time."

"Weird how?"

"Y'know like, I was always so scared of you finding out that I liked you. And now here we are, saying I love you to each other so casually. Like when we kiss goodbye we'll just be like I love you and say it more as a reminder than a confession. Or how sometimes I'll say it after I tease you, or how sometimes I'll text it to you randomly because I don't want you to forget. It's weird that we say that to each other as if it's a part of our lingo now; a goodbye, a reminder, or for comfort. It just feels weird to think about the fact a year ago I stressed about giving you paper, and now there are Saturday mornings when I wake up next to you, and 3 hour FaceTime calls where we just get on with our daily lives and don't really talk to each other but stay on the phone just because it's nice to be in each others company. Shit like that really like... y'know..."