Chapter 29: Three's a Crowd.

I can't remember if I'm two weeks late or three weeks late with this chapter, either way I'm embarrassed.

Thank you for always waiting patiently for me to update, I promise y'all I do actually work on it daily wjshdhdndn

Also, fun little side note.
Okay well maybe not fun or little.
BUT.

Basically, in real life Jess and Sian and I all got into Uni, so we were out celebrating at a Spoons the other night. We ofc had a lil something something to drink and we're having fun and shit, but then, I look out the window and see the in real life Charlie walking into the same Spoons we're at. He then proceeds to sit behind us and stare at us for the whole time he was there. This was the first time I had seen him in like 10 months, so ofc, I did the normal thing to do and hid under the fucking table. And, also because I was quite drunk by this point, I finally told the in real life Sian and Jess about me and the in real life Charlie and everything that happened. To which they drunk sobbed and then proceed to rant about him for the rest of the night.

Eventually Charlie leaves without saying a word, and irl Sian and Jess and I all leave the Spoons and go on a walk. At this point, irl Jess decides it's a good to drunk voice message irl Adam ON MY PHONE telling him how much she still liked him despite not seeing him in a year. They're now texting daily and it's all cute and shit and I'm so happy for them.

And, if all that wasn't mortifying enough, I was out drinking with some other friends a couple nights later and decided it would be a great idea to refollow irl Charlie on instagram after us having not followed each other for several months.

It's been 5 days and he hasn't followed back.

RIP me xoxo

So, if any of y'all have any embarrassing encounters with exs stories, please share them so I don't feel as much of a dweeb as I do rn.

ANYWAY ON WITH THE CHAPTER, I LOVE YOU.

//

The silence in the room is heavy. The three of us are just standing looking at each other, not really knowing where to go from here.

The shock of someone being in here is still running thick in my veins, too - and that coupled with the deafening silence makes it quite hard to breathe. Part of me wants to jump forward and slap the shit out of Austin because I feel humiliated. But it's not technically his fault. Charlie and I should've at least checked the room was fucking empty before we started shoving our tongues down each other's throat.

God, we did all of that in front of an audience. And that audience being Austin of all people.

I am utterly humiliated. I'm also embarrassed, scared and a little annoyed at Charlie and I's lack of ability to keep this shit under wraps. We should've fucking checked. We. should. have. checked. And now our mistake is going to cost us.

"Well, uh... this is awkward." Austin laughs nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

I don't even bother replying to him. I'm too mortified to dignify that with a response. Quite honestly, I just wanna turn and run out of the door. But this problem is just going to keep on running beside me if I do so. It's not going to just disappear, it has to be dealt with.