Chapter 3: The 'Stalker'.

"Dan Adams..."

Please don't make me go with someone awful.

"You'll be paired with... Charlie!"

...fuck.

//

I shoot my friends a look from across the table as Charlie's friends snigger. My eyes fall on Charlie to see what his reaction is - but he's still staring blankly at the desk below him.

Why?

Why me?

Do y'all see what I mean when I say God likes to fuck with me?

After this morning's coming out fiasco, I'm not exactly thrilled to be partnered up with Satan himself - especially with all his friends in the room.

"Alright! That's everybody, I think. Everyone go and sit with your partners and I'll come round and tell you what section you'll be working on!" Mrs Philips says with a toothy grin.

Why is this bitch so damn positive?

I look over at Charlie to see if he's going to come sit next to me or if I'm going to have to go and sit next to him. I hope he comes and sits here, otherwise I'm gonna be on a table with all of his friends. And, if I'm honest, I'd rather throw myself in a wood chipper.

Charlie eventually looks up and catches my eye, before reluctantly gesturing for me to come and sit next to him... great.

As I pack up my stuff and trudge towards to empty chair next to him, I say a silent prayer in hopes this doesn't all go tits up.

I pull out the chair and take a seat at the table. There's four spaces. I sit next to Charlie and two of Charlie's minions, Wesley and Brandon, sit opposite us.

As I sit down on the chair, I see Wesley look over at Charlie with a comedic look before looking at me.

I catch his eye and tilt my head with sass. "Autographs are £5, dickhead. If I give you a signed picture maybe the view will last longer."

"Would you look at that? The faggot's getting brave." Brandon joins in with a mocking tone.

"Not as brave as you are by going out in public with that hairline of yours." I say with an obviously fake smile.

Brandon's eyes narrow as he leans in towards me.

"You better shut your mouth you little fa---" He starts, but he's interrupted by Mrs Philips walking over to our table.

"Okay boys! Wes and Brandon, you're in charge of making notes on Section 5 and Charlie and Dan, you're in charge of Section 6!"

She obviously did hear the remarks made a few seconds ago.

She walks away and the minions shoot me one final look before they decide to get on with their work. I assume victory is mine and unzip my pencil case.

"So, I'm thinking if we do half of the section each then we'll get the work done quicker." I say to Charlie whilst reaching for my black pen.

There's no reply.

I look over to see him scrolling through his phone.

"Charlie?" I say.

Oh, God. This isn't happening.

"...Charlie?" I repeat one more time.

"What?!" He snaps, twisting his neck to glare at me.

Oh.

He looks at me with annoyance in his eyes and my heart stops beating.

"I don't think he wants to talk to you, Faggy." Wesley mocks.