Chapter 23 - The "B" Word.

"It's been 84 years..."

Y'all. It's nearly midnight but I was so determined to get this up today I stg. Because it's so late, I'm v tired SO IF THERE'S ANY MISTAKES PLEASE LET ME KNOW - ILL BE SO DAMN GRATEFUL!!!

It took me A LONG ASS TIME TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER BUT EXAM SEASON IS HERE LADIES AND GAYS SO I! AM! STRESSING!

Anyway, enough of my usual excuses I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER

//

"It looks like a Year Three made it."

"Well if you listened to me all those months ago when I reminded the class to not film vertically, perhaps it would look a bit different."

"You never told me that."

"Oh, sorry, correction, I told Anne and Sophie not to film vertically - I still hated your guts at the time."

"So you sabotaged my work on purpose? Wow, remind me never to break up with you."

"Stop making it seem like we're dating, I actually have standards when it comes to men."

We're in Media, and we're sitting next to each other at the far end of the computer room so we can get some peace. Charlie's just finished showing me his second to last draft of his coursework video, and I'm trying to give him advice on how to make it look, well... passable. I've already given my video in - I gave it in months ago - and Miss Parks told me that it was probably going to get an A, and now Charlie's using that factor to his advantage.

"So, Mr A Grade, tell me what the fuck I should do." He leans back in his chair, obviously more than over with the idea of coursework.

I tilt my head to the side and try to think of a solution, all the while he looks over at me with the same damn expression he's had this whole lesson.

It's somewhere between an devious smirk and an affectionate smile - but this expression is more about the eyes than it is the mouth. His eyes are where the expression is most apparent. It's hard to describe exactly what he's feeling right now, but it's the same look you see when a man looks at his lover in all of those cringey romantic comedies that keep popping up in my Netflix recommended.

"Maybe if you'd stop giving me the eyes I'd be able to concentrate enough to help you out." My voice is hushed, even though no one would be able to hear us anyway.

Sophie, Anne and Miss Parks are having a deep conversation about something I can't identify. They're laughing and shouting and having a good time, which means Charlie and I can afford to get away with being a little bit flirtatious in our corner by the big windows. I doubt they can even see us all the way over here, the computers dotted around the room in the weird M shape are hard to see over unless you stand up.

"I'm not giving you the eyes." He argues half heartedly.

"Yes you are. You're looking at me the same Adam looks at Jess when they're together. It's gross."

"Do you want me to stop?" He smirks, probably already knowing my answer.

"Anyway," I change the subject before I say something cringy. "I think you could add the filters and stuff and add some music, but I think the examiner's gonna mark you down for the aspect ratio issue and the fact that there's only about two different shot types and camera angles, so babe I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should just reshoot it. I mean, you have time - the deadline isn't until April."

He sinks down in his chair and chuckles.

"What?" I ask suspiciously.

"Ooooh, nothing."