Chapter 8

Whitney was sitting in the Hanson.net chat room two days later. It was going slow, no one was talking. Then Taylor came in and everyone was typing, trying to get him to answer them. Whitney laughed as Taylor was bombarded with questions and he tried to answer as many as he could. She had a feeling he was wishing that he hadn't come in the chat.

"Why are you all so excited?" she typed,"It's just Taylor."

"What do you mean 'Just Taylor'?" came a PM from the very guy that had caused such a commotion only minutes before.

Whitney laughed and typed,"Well, it IS only YOU. I don't see the big deal. I mean, if they would've known you in 1991-1996, they wouldn't want to talk to you. You hated girls and were quite stuck up." She smirked as she hit ENTER.

"Of course I hated girls, I was eight! And I WAS NOT stuck up!" came the reply.

"Uh huh. Sure Mr. Big shot. Anyways, I just said it was only you, to get see if you'd notice."

"Oh haha. Well I noticed. Now, the question that is on my mind is, WHY did you want to get my attention in the first place?"

She knew he was probably grinning. "Because I was just wondering when you're gonna get around to telling me when you're gonna come see me."

"I've thought about that and I'll be there on the 14th."

"Your birthday?"

"Yeah. And don't start that argument again. I'm coming then, and my family will just have to deal with it."

Whitney laughed,"I wasn't going to argue with you. I just haven't spent your birthday with you since you turned thirteen, and now you're a full-grown man."

There was no response for a minute, then,"I can't believe how long it's been."

"I know, it seems like forever."

"Yeah..."

Neither of them typed anything for several minutes, both lost in the past, then,"Hey, I have to go. WAY too many people are PMing me and I have to get back to the studio."

"Ok. Ttyl."

"Bye Whitney."

"Bye Tay."

Then he signed off and so did she.