Chapter 19

The three brothers stayed two more days, then had to get back to the studio. As Whitney drove home from seeing them off at the airport, one dominant thought kept swirling through her head: She was gonna have Taylor's child. Whether he decided to claim it as his or not, deep down she'd always know that it's his.

She wandered into her house and looked around. She could still smell his cologne. She climbed the steps. Everywhere screamed Ike, Tay, and Zac. She walked into her room and sank heavily on her bed. Before she knew it, she had drifted off to sleep.
-----
Taylor sat by the airplane window staring out at the sky. He liked Whitney, but did he love her? He sighed. No, he didn't. He wished with all his heart that he could. But he just didn't feel that way about her. He shook his head.

"Tay?" Ike said next to him,"you okay?" He had watched the turmoil cross his younger brother's face.

Taylor looked over,"Ike, Whitney deserves better than me. Someone who loves her like she loves me. I wish she didn't love me, cause no matter what I do, give her a child or not, I'm gonna hurt her. If I wouldn't have said yes she'd be upset, but when she has this child, she's gonna look at it and see me, and if I decide not to say it's mine, that's gonna hurt her too. So either way...." he trailed off, looking miserable.

Ike sighed,"I understand Tay. But, I think you're doing the right thing. This way she'll always have a piece of you."

"But still...." Then his gaze traveled back to the window and he drifted off into his thoughts again.

-----
Zac sat watching his two brothers talking. He felt so bad for Whitney. He wished she could be the one for Tay, but he had watched them. They just didn't click like that. He hoped his new found friend would be able to move on from Tay. Although he wasn't so sure that was gonna happen. He played with the strap of his watch on his wrist as he sat thinking.
-----
Ike sat between his two younger brothers. After his and Tay's conversation had ended, he sat watching both of them. He could tell Zac was thinking the same thing too. He sighed. This is all so complicated, he thought. He leaned back and watched the movie that was playing.
-----
Tay was playing with his one cross necklace. He had finally found someone who really loved him. Not just an obsessed fan, but a real love, and he couldn't return the feelings. It just wasn't fair. He rested his head against the window and tried to lose himself in sleep.