Chapter 20

The last day of Whitney and Julie's senior finally came. Whitney was leaving in 10 days for Tulsa and was pretty much packed up.

They stood outside the school, students streaming around them. "I'm gonna miss you so much Whitney," Julie said, hugging her best friend.

"I will too," she said hugging Julie back,"you have fun in Hawaii, and I want details and pictures when you get back. E-mail me."

They pulled away from each other. Julie smiled,"Will do," she checked her watch and sighed,"I better get going. Don't want to be late."

"Yeah. Talk to you soon," Whitney gave her friend a gentle push towards her car.

"Yep," Julie slowly walked away.

Whitney stood there and waved when Julie pulled out, then she made her way to her own car. She leisurely drove home, taking the longest route, and just enjoying another gorgeous day.

As she parked and unlocked the front door, the excitement once again built up inside her. In ten days she would head back to the place she belonged, Tulsa. She had bought a two bedroom house. It was affordable and not too far from Hanson's house. They had been the ones to tell her about it and she had called and decided to take it. She figured she'd need a two bedroom before a year was up. And she didn't see the point in renting an apartment, moving in there, and then move into a bigger place not much later.

She was flying to Tulsa. While she wasn't that fond of planes, there was no way she was driving there. She was selling her car the day before she left. Someone had offered to buy it and well, she knew she'd need the money, so why not? She could always get a cheap one once she got settled in.

She was restless just laying there, all these thoughts running through her head. She wanted to do something. Her eyes traveled to the one box sitting open at the side of her bed. On top was the one-time-use camera she had bought the day they went ice skating, and had taken pictures throughout those three days. She had intended to wait until she got to Tulsa to get them developed, but she had nothing better to do, and wanted to see them. So she got up, went downstairs, and outside to her car, and drove to a nearby photo place.

She waited the hour, bumping around in town, then went back to pick them up. As she sat in her car flipping through them, her cell phone rang. She pushed the 'on' button and said,"hello?"

"Hey Whitney, it's Tay."

A smile crossed her lips and she didn't try to stop it,"hey. what's up?"

"I was just wondering when you're coming?"

"Ten days I'll be catching the plane."

"Awesome...do you have a way to your new house?"

Whitney crinkled her brow,"Uh..actually, no I don't. I knew I was forgetting something!"

Tay laughed,"Well, would you like me to pick you up? Maybe Ike, Zac, and I could help you move in a bit."

"Uh, well, aren't you guys busy?"

"We always have time for our friends. besides, Zac is dying to see you again and we haven't been THAT busy lately. It'd be cool. We could just hang out..."

"Well.....I suppose that'd be okay...I'll call you when I get to Tulsa to come get me."

"Why don't you just tell me now, so you won't have to wait?"

Whitney rolled her eyes,"Okay, hold on." she shuffled through some papers until she found what she was looking for,"it says it'll get in at three p.m. in Tulsa at Gate 37," she read to him.

"Okay, cool. Oh, hold on a sec," she heard him cover the mouth piece and speak to someone, then he came back,"well, I have to go. I'll see ya soon."

"Yep. see ya soon. Bye Tay."

"Bye Whitney."

She pushed the 'off' button, put her pictures back in the case, and drove home.