Chapter 2

Whitney was at a Hanson concert and the crowd was hyped up because of the three brothers on stage. She was having an awesome time, but then the concert was over. She didn't want to go but she couldn't stay. Everyone was leaving. She turned to go home when she heard a familiar voice call her name. She turned back in the direction of that voice and saw Taylor standing there with a solemn look on his face. She walked toward him and he pulled her backstage.

"Whitney," he said taking her hands in his and looking into her eyes,"listen to me. We will never be. Get over me."

"But, I can't. I love you."

He sighed,"I know."

"You believe me?!"

"Yes I do, but we will never be. So listen to me. You want me to be the father of your children right?"

She nodded.

"Well, I can't father all your children, but write me a letter when you turn eighteen and ask me to get you pregnant so you'll have a child from me. Your life will be easier Whitney. We're not meant to be together. I won't love you. Here," he handed her a piece of paper,"write to this address and I'll get your letter."

"But, I'm talking to you now,"Whitney was confused,"Why won't we be together?"

Taylor started fading,"Just do what I said Whitney." Then he was gone.

Whitney woke up that Saturday morning with tears spilling down her cheeks and the address fresh in her mind. She grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down that address before she forgot it. She would check to see if it was real later that day.

She leaned back against the pillows and gave into the tears. She knew that dream was a message. It hurt though. To know she and Taylor would never be together. That he wouldn't love her.

Once she had no more tears left to cry, she promised herself she would do what he said. She looked forward to her eighteenth birthday.