Chapter 21

The day came for Whitney to arrive in Tulsa. Tay was getting nervous now. Whitney would be eighteen in less than a month. Then they could...

His head jerked up as the announcement flashed over the board with all the times of planes on it,"Now arriving at gate 37"

He saw that his two brothers were heading towards the gate, he quickly got up and followed them. Taylor was the first to see her come through. She smiled as she saw all three of them. I'm finally home, she thought.

They walked up to her. Zac gave her a hug,"Hey Whitney."

"How have ya been?" Ike asked.

"I missed ya," Tay said, for her ears only, as they walked to baggage claim.

She smiled,"I missed ya too."

Once at her new house, she threw open the living room windows and let the afternoon breeze float in. The movers would be coming around six with her furniture, until then, they sat on the floor.

"So what have you been up to?" Zac asked.

"Oh, just finishing up high school. Those tests were really time consuming. I'm glad I don't have to study for a whole summer."

"So what are you taking in college?" Ike wanted to know.

"Well, I wanted to major in music, but my mother insisted on something more practical," Whitney rolled her eyes,"so I'm taking music as a minor and Journalism as my major. I love to write, and while my mom still thinks that's not very practical, she agreed to it."

"Well, that's cool. Besides it's your life," Tay replied.

Whitney smiled at him,"Yeah, that's why I didn't budge on taking something I didn't want, like a doctor which is very practical as my mother told me. I'm just not meant to be that. I'm taking the two things that are my greatest passions, so I know I'll enjoy them and excel at them."

"That's what matters," Ike said.

They talked until the movers came, then they helped Whitney get settled. She invited them to stay for dinner, which consisted of two pizzas: on one half ham (Tay) half sausage (Whitney), on the other, half pineapple (Zac) half pepperoni (Ike).

By the time the the brothers left Whitney to get used to her new house, after promising to come by the next day, it was nearly ten at night.

When Whitney lay in bed later on, she felt for the first time, really at home. "Tulsa has always been my home," she mumbled as she fell asleep.