Chapter 22

Little over 2 weeks passed, Whitney spending time with the boys as often as they schedule allowed.

Whitney got up, showered, got dressed, and ate breakfast. Ike, Tay, and Zac wouldn't be by until the afternoon. They had to be in the studio that day.

Tomorrow was her 18th birthday. Her and Tay would have to figure out when they could...make the baby.
She subconsciously placed a hand over her stomach. It wouldn't be flat much longer.
-----
Tay sat behind the piano playing the part of the song they were working on. His mind drifted off. He only had a couple months tops to make up his mind if he wanted to claim the baby or not. People would want to know who the father was once Whitney's stomach started rounding out. Tomorrow was her birthday. So most likely before a week was up, Whitney would be pregnant, with HIS child. Whether he claimed it or not, it would always be his by blood. He had sworn not to have sex until marriage. But this was something bigger than that. He wanted to give Whitney something, and this is what she wanted, since he couldn't give her his love like she deserved.

His fingers fumbled over the keys, as he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. He had been messing up a lot lately.

"Taylor," Ike said exasperated,"I know you have a lot on your mind, but this is getting annoying."

"Stop going off into Taylor world," Zac said, half joking from behind his drums,"I thought you grew out of that."

Tay rolled his eyes at his younger brother. "Sorry," he mumbled to Ike.

They eventually got through it and packed up for the day.

They all headed over to Whitney's then.

Halfway there, Ike, who was driving said to Tay in the passenger seat next to him,"You know Tay, maybe you better go alone this time. I know you and Whitney still need to confirm when you two will...um..well..."

"I know what you mean Ike," Tay said quietly,"Yeah..I guess that's a good idea."

Zac, who usually would have complained that he wanted to see his friend, just sat there listening. He knew it was important for his brother and his friend to talk the rest of it out. He leaned his head against the car window and watched the scenery go by.
-----
When Ike let Tay off at Whitney's, it was nearly five p.m. He slowly walked up to her door, wondering how this was gonna go.

He knocked and she answered a minute later.

She smiled when she saw him,"Hey." She opened the door wider so he could come in.

"Hey," he smiled back.

As they walked into her living room she said,"Where's Zac and Ike? I thought they were coming too."

"Well, uh, they figured we need some time to talk. Since tomorrow is your 18th birthday," Tay replied, as they both sat down on the couch.

"Oh, yeah, I was kind of thinking about that myself...so..uh...when should we..um.." her eyes averted everywhere but at him.

A sudden sense of calm came over Taylor. He took her hands in his, which caused her to look at him in surprise. "How about tomorrow night? It..can be...a sort of birthday present," he said gently, looking in her eyes.

Her tense muscles suddenly relaxed,"I couldn't think of a better present."