Chapter 29

Hanson came back to Tulsa shortly after for a break. Ike and Zac came to visit Whitney often during the two weeks they were home before they had to go back to California. Taylor suddenly had a lot to do though, and hadn't seen Whitney for more than five minutes at a time. She was getting extremely frustrated. She needed to know what he wanted to do, and with him pretty much avoiding her, plus the mood swings she'd been having due to her pregnancy, she was not a happy camper.

"I'm sure he'll tell you soon," Ike said, the day before they were going back to California.

"Yeah, but when is soon?" she sighed,"Ike, I'm almost seven months pregnant, and you guys are gonna be gone for at least a month. I NEED to know."

He looked at her sympathetically,"I wish I could get him to talk to you. Zac and I both have been hinting to him, and yesterday Zac pretty much lectured Tay about it."

"I suppose I should take this as he doesn't want to claim the babies as his."

"Babies? I thought you were only having one?" Ike was confused.

"Oh my God Ike. I can't believe I haven't told you. I guess with all I've had on my mind I thought I already had. I'm having twins. One boy, one girl."

A huge grin crossed his face. "That's awesome Whitney," he said as he hugged her.

His smile was infectious,"I know! I couldn't believe it either!"

"When did you find out?"

"My last appointment. Which reminds me, it's almost time for my next one."

"I wish I could come with you to it. I hate it that none of us can be with you."

"It's okay. You guys have a career to worry about. I know you'd be there if you could."

"You know it."

"You guys will be here for the delivery though, right?" a little bit of worry slipped into her voice.

He kissed her on the forehead,"Definitely. We wouldn't miss it for the world."

She smiled,"Good. if any time I'll need you guys, it'll be then...........actually, I've been thinking something over about that...I was wondering if you three would like to be in the delivery room with me? You know, my support?"

"Don't you mean someone to squeeze the hell out of our hands?" he teased.

She laughed,"Yeah, you can take turns."

"Well, I know I definitely will be there with you, as will Zac. I'm sure Tay will too. He just needs to come around."

"Or distance himself further from me," she half said to herself.

"He cares about you. I know that. He's..I think..just getting scared. Your pregnancy is getting closer and closer to an end, and well..you're carrying his child. He'll always be the baby's real father, whether everyone will know it or not."

She sighed,"I understand that. But what does he think I'm going through? I'm the one with morning sickness, and with this balloon for a belly (Ike laughed) and I'm just as scared."

He hugged her again,"Yes, I definitely think you're going through more than him. I'm sure he'll come around."

"I hope so," she said, as she hugged him back.