Chapter 25

Two weeks later Whitney went to the store to get a pregnancy test. She was kind of embarrassed, especially since that's the only thing she needed to get. Why shouldn't I be getting one? she thought to herself. I have just as much right as anyone. Besides, I'm eighteen, I graduated from high school.

The little pep talk boosted her up a bit. She walked into the aisle and looked at different tests, seeing which one would be the best.

"That one you have in your hand is a good one. One of the best actually. I've used that to find out if I was pregnant with three of my seven kids. It worked the best for me," said a voice behind her.

Whitney turned around fast, startled. She could feel her face get hot. "Uh..th..thanks," she stammered.

The woman smiled. She looked to be in her late forties. She had REALLY long blond hair and blue eyes. "Not to be nosy, but by how nervous you are, I take it it's your first?"

"Yeah," Whitney tried to calm herself down.

"Did you plan it?" the woman asked with concern in her eyes.

"Uh, actually, yes I did," at least she could be proud about that.

The woman looked surprised,"Really? So you have a husband?"

Whitney suddenly found the floor to be very interesting,"Um, no. But, I uh.."

The woman patted Whitney on the shoulder,"It's alright. I'm sure everything will work out. I shouldn't have gotten in your business anyway."

She looked up at her,"Oh no, it's okay. I know I'm gonna have to start answering questions sooner or later."

"Yes, I suppose you will," the woman looked thoughtful. Then she said,"I'm Diana by the way. Diana Hanson."

"I'm Whitney," she replied as it finally struck her. She had thought this woman looked familiar, but couldn't put her finger on it. Now she knew why. This would be her baby's grandmother. If Taylor decided to claim the baby as his.

"Well nice to meet you Whitney."

Just then a male voice said,"Mom, I found it. We can go now..."

Both women turned around.

"Alright dear," she turned to Whitney,"this is my son, Taylor."

Whitney saw Taylor's reaction to her talking to his mom. His face had gone kind of white.

"Uh, yeah, I know. I'm a fan of him and his brothers," Whitney replied.

Diana smiled,"Another fan Tay, and she's very nice."

"Nice to meet you," Tay said, hoping Whitney would play along.

"Same here."

"Well I hope everything goes well with you. I hope to see you around," Diana smiled warmly.

"Thanks. I hope to see you around too. Nice talking to you, and uh, thanks for the advice," Whitney indicated the box she was holding.

Tay eyed the box. He looked at the shelf behind Whitney and realized what she was there to buy.

"Oh, no problem hun."

Whitney waited until Tay and his mom left the store to go up and pay for the pregnancy test.
-----
Oh please God, Tay prayed as he drove his mother home, don't let Whitney have said anything.

He didn't think she did, but he was nervous none the less. He had to talk to her as soon as possible. And that's why, when he was done helping his mom putting stuff away, he hurried over to Whitney's. His heart pounding rapidly the whole time.