Chapter 3

It was a little less than a month until Taylor's birthday. He would be eighteen.

Taylor sighed as he stared into space. He had that dream again. A girl was crying and she was so familiar. But he couldn't remember her. He would go to comfort her and she would look up and say "Why did you break my heart?" Then he'd wake up.

Oh sure, he knew he'd broken many hearts since he and his brothers had become famous, but this was different. He could feel it. She was a ghost, but something told him she was a real person, still alive and breathing.
Something was coming. Something big. And he wished he knew what it was.
~ * ~
Whitney was on Hanson.net As usual, she was in the chat and the forums. She was bored out of her mind. A new screen name had been on but hadn't said much. She figured the person wasn't even watching the chat. All of a sudden a private message from that person popped up on her computer screen.

"Not much of a talker, eh?" it said.

"I have nothing to contribute to it," she typed,"it's mainly nonsense stuff."

"I agree. It is amusing though."

"Yes. Very. Uh, not to be rude, but did you have something specific you wanted to say to me, or did you just want to do the small talk thing?"

"Well, I checked your profile and you seem very familiar, like I know you from somewhere. Although I just can't seem to place you."

"Oh. Well I don't know what to tell you. What's your name?"

There came no reply for quite awhile. As if the person was debating whether to tell her or not, then,"Ike."

"As in Hanson?"

"Uh...yeah."

"Wow," Whitney was stunned,"Why aren't you under your official name then? I am sort of getting the idea that you're a poser. No offense."

"You want me to prove it?"

"Sure, but how?"

"What's your phone number?"

"I'm long distance from you most likely."

"So? Do you want proof or not? ;0)"

"Yeah...." She typed her phone number and pressed Enter.

"Alright, get offline. I'll call you."

"Alright."

She signed off and waited. Her phone stayed silent for quite awhile, then when she was about to give up, it rang.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey," came Ike's voice,"Do you believe me now?"

Whitney laughed,"Yep. Sorry, I've just been tricked by posers and I'm kind of sick of it."

"Understandable. Do me a favor though."

"What?"

"Don't tell anyone about that name. I like to see what goes on in our fan's minds without them freaking out."

"No problem."

"Thanks."

"Hey Ike..."

"Yeah?"

"I know this is gonna sound weird, but I used to be sort of friends with you and your brothers."

"Really? I don't remember you..."

"Well, it was before you guys got famous. I used to go to all your gigs and we'd hang out."

"Hmm...Whitney," he mumbled,"that does sound familiar. I'll have to ask my brothers if they remember you."

"Okay. Tell them I miss them, and I miss hanging with you all."

She could feel him smile,"Will do...Hey, I hate to cut this short, but I got to go. I'll keep in touch with you."

"That'd be great."

"Alright then. Talk to you later."

"K, bye Ike."

"Bye Whitney."

Click.

Whitney felt better already. But she was afraid it'd be like before and the promise of keeping in touch would be forgotten.

She sighed,"It was good to talk to him anyway."

She still planned to write that letter for Tay.

"Less than five months to go and I might be pregnant by the end of this all," she mumbled to herself.

-----

Please keep in mind this was written in 2003. I am just posting here for anyone interested, but I realize it is not the best story ever. I try to catch the spelling and juvenile mistakes. I'm sure some slipped by though.