chapter 2

The days leading up to my trip were long, school just seemed to drag on and on.

I was so excited, just to get away from London as soon as possible.

The day finally arrived and I had to get up extremely early.

My alarm went off at 5am. That's never a pleasant time to wake up.

At 5:08, Kian burst into the room and yanked my covers off me.

"COME ON BABY SISTER, WE'RE GOING TO AMERICA!" he yelled. My mum's only condition of me going, was Kian had to come with me. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother but he's 22 with the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

I did the rest of my packing and had Kian bring my stuff downstairs and into the taxi.

I came down from my room to see my mum with a travel mug and a banana.

"The banana is for your brother, monkeys love bananas." she smiled, I gave her a tight hug and said goodbye then joined Kian in the taxi.

I slept the whole way to the airport, with my headphones in listening to a random playlist of drake and one direction

after a while I felt a tap on my shoulder. I unplugged one of my earphones and looked at Kian.

"We're here,"

I opened the door and the cold morning air suddenly hit me.

I climbed out of the car and opened up the trunk of the car and grabbed my suitcase.

As Kian paid the driver we walked into the airport.

Our flight was at 9:30. The time was 8:45. After going through passport control and airport security, we walked through the airport and found a bench to chill out on before our flight.

"I'm getting a coffee, want anything?" Kian asked as he got up and fumbled around for his wallet.

"yeah, a hot chocolate would be great," he nodded and walked off in a different direction

I reached in my pocket for my iPhone. I unwrapped my headphones, put them in my ears and pressed play.

After a while of people watching, Kian came back with 2 drinks and a muffin.

"Here you go," he ushered the cup at my face.

"Thanks," I said as I took the warm cup.

"Flight 569 To Washington, D.C. now boarding." the woman at the PA system said.

"Come on let's go," Kian said as he gathered all of our bags. I grabbed my backpack and swung it across my shoulders as we made our way to the plane.

We found our seats and sat down, I claimed the window seat, much to Kian's objections.

I reached into my pocket again and pulled out my phone.

SAMMYSAM:

have a good time in DC. :) x

I decided to text him back.

To; SAMMYSAM.

aha, thanks I'll try x

"excuse me miss, you're gonna have to turn that off." a flight assistant said as she tapped me on the shoulder.

"Yeah sure," I said as I turned it off.

I lay my head against the window and drifted to sleep.

**

A few hours later I was woken by Kian tapping me on the shoulder