{Ch. 1} Prologue

Emily's Point of View:

"Emily!" I heard someone scream my name. I groaned and rolled over. I heard them call my name again and ignored it, guessing that it was my roommate Demi. I felt the bed shift and I opened my eyes to see Demi laid at the side of me. "Boo." She said, not scaring me at all. She had a huge smile on her face. God, how can a person be so happy in the morning?! I thought to myself. She was always like that. I closed my eyes again, ignoring her. Demi was my best friend and she was one of the most beautiful people I had ever met in my life, but that didn't mean I didn't get the urge to throw her out of the window at times.

"Emily!" She yelled again, right in my ear. I opened my eyes and looked at her. She was laughing at me and she had an adorable smile on her face. We had known each other since we were little and I felt like she was my child sometimes. She was just so cute!

"Can I help you?" I asked, groggily. Her smile grew and she laughed a little again.

"Yes. You can. Get your ass out of bed." She ordered. I pouted and closed my eyes again.

"Emily! Emily! Emily! Emily!" She said as she repeatedly smacked my forehead. I pushed her hand away and sat up, giving her a death glare.

"Get ready, we're going out." She told me.

"No. You're going out. Not me." I explained. She rolled her eyes and playfully shoved me.

"You're coming with me wether you like it or not." She told me, strictly. I raised my eyebrows. Who did she think she was, my boss?

"But I hate people." I said, trying to convince her to let me stay home.

"You don't hate me." She blurted out.

"Hmmm... I'm still debating it." I joked, with a cheeky smile.

"Well, I love you too." She said, climbing onto her feet.

"I think you need to get your ears checked." I sassed.

"Well, I think you need to get your ass out of bed before I kick it out." She explained, grinning innocently. I rolled my eyes and climbed to my feet. She stared at me, as I grabbed a pillow and threw it at her face. She caught it and dropped it back onto the bed.

"That's what I thought." She laughed, before walking out of the door. I once again rolled my eyes, even though I knew she couldn't see me. My room was a mess and clothes were thrown all over the floor. I decided to clean it a little, mostly to piss Demi off. I could practically feel her impatience filling the house. After my room looked pretty decent and my bed was made, I hopped into the shower and washed my hair and body.

When I was done, I wrapped a towel around myself and walked into my room. I didn't even notice Demi sitting on my bed until she said something. "Nice legs." She joked and giggled.

"Jesus! Demi, you scared me." I stated the obvious.

"You'll get over it... Anyways, I wanted to tell you something. Tomorrow, my friend Alison's coming over." She told me. I looked at her and groaned. "Don't even bother complaining. She's really nice, trust me. I promise you'll like her."

Why was she always trying to get me to meet people? I hated people. They're always snobby or just plain rude. Demi was the only decent person I'd met and even then, I felt like punching her sometimes. She was always trying to get me to like people or find someone to date. I'm a lesbian, but I'd never found a decent girl. They were all idiots or straight. Even if this person was just one of Demi's friends and Demi wasn't trying to get me with her, I didn't like it.

"Fine, but if I don't like her, I'm going to hibernate in my room." I explained to her. She laughed at me and continued to stare at me. I raised an eyebrow and folded my arms.

"You do have nice legs though." She told me. I glared at her in disbelief and then laughed. "I'm serious. My best friend is hot." She said with a smile.

"Okayyyyyyy, that's enough of that. Get out whilst I get changed." I said, shooing her out of my room. She groaned and closed the door behind her.

Finally.

I walked over to my closet and started picking out some clothes.