Chapter 9: The Third Phase

After Beans told us about the time limit, we all started to look for a way to get down the tower. Me and the others started walking, looking everywhere until we reached the edge.

"It'd be pretty grim if anyone fell from here" I said as we all stared.

"That's why I will be the first person to get from up here to down there safely" said a voice from behind me. We all looked at him. "I'm a professional climber and something like this is a piece of cake. I'll just put my foot here and my hand here and look I'm already going down" he said and laughed. I shook my head and sighed as I saw the huge man eating birds from far away. They came and took the guy as he screamed.

"Mad" I said as I looked around.

"Hey don't you think the number of people has decreased?" Asked Kurapika.

"Hmm now that you mention it" said Leorio.

"Maybe they all found secret passages and left through them!" Said Gon enthusiastically.

"What Gon said might be true" I said.

"Alright let's split up and look for some secret passages " said Killua. We all nodded and started looking. After a while we all gathered together. 

"It's no use! We are gonna fail he exam!" Wailed Leorio. 

"No we are not! I found 6 other passages and they are all next to each other." said Gon as he waved his hands in front of him. I was quite impressed.

"Okay then let's go!" Said Leorio. We followed Gon to the place and looked down at the passages.

"Why can't we all go through the same one so we can all be together?" asked Leorio.

"Because once a person passes through one no one could use it" Explained Kurapika.

"Alright guys, ready?" Killua asked.

"Okay then I guess this is good bye" I said.

"Yeah" nodded Kurapika.

"Alright then good luck everyone" said Leorio.

"Let's meet at the bottom!" Laughed Gon. 

"On the count of 3. 1....2.....3!" Said Kurapika and we all leapt at the same time and fell in the passage ways.  I fell in and landed on my feet, squatting, the light flashed a bit and then it switched on. And guess who I saw.

"Well that was a short good bye" said Leorio.

"YAY we are together!" Laughed Gon. 

"Wow! Look who I ended up with" I said and rolled my eyes. 

"Oh come on they can't be THAT bad?" Said Kurapika and then we both glanced at Leorio and Gon hugging and laughed.

"Mhmm I can clearly see that" I replied, laughing.

"Alright then what are we supposed to do?" Killua asked. A voice suddenly spoke, interrupting our train of thought. 

"You five have chosen the 'Majority Rules' path. Which means that you all have to vote on whether to do something or not. You have to take the watches over there and wear them" Said the voice. We all went ahead and wore the watches. 

"What a minute! There is still one more watch" pointed out Leorio.

"Oh yes! This path requires you to have 6 members. That means none of you can proceed unless a sixth member appears" said the voice. 

"That means.." Leorio started.

"We are stuck here until a sixth person arrives. Wow my life sure sucks" I said.