Chapter 74: Pain and Agony

"Are you ready?" asked Uncle Silva as I sat on the ground with my back to them. I nodded and gulped. I felt my grandfather's cold hand on my back and breathed out. A blinding light came from behind me as I felt a small push from grandfather. It was all fine until I felt something tighten inside my chest. 

A loud scream of pain escaped my lips as I gasped and writhed in agony, clutching onto the wall for support. It was the same as when we first discovered Nen and Wing-san did the whole ritual on us. The only difference was that this one was a million times painful and long lasting.

"Don't move!" warned grandfather as he gritted his teeth. I couldn't do as told and held onto the wall and tried to get away from the pain but the chains held me in place. The pain slowly spread throughout my whole body and I kept screaming in pain as I squirmed around. It felt as though every bone in my body was breaking again again, not giving me enough time to breathe. 

After what seemed like forever, the blinding light that came from grandfather's hand disappeared and he got up. 

"Now it's all up to you and your will power. How badly do you want to live?" he asked, putting his hands behind his back like always. 

My head was tilted upwards as I glanced at him in the corner of my eyes. My mouth was wide open and I was drooling unintentionally. He gave me his normal look of challenge and walked away. Uncle Silva, father, Auntie Kikyo and Tsurugi all went out after, leaving me in the cold room. 

"We'll keep you in check and track your progress, for now, you're on your own" said father, and closed the door to the room. 

I was still somewhat paralysed after that then suddenly, the pain returned and I started screaming again. Banging my arms onto the wall repeatedly, I wished this to be over. 

An agonising pain crept up my spine, increasing in intensity every second. Ten seconds passed, and then another ten and another ten. The pain soon became unbearable. My jaw did not close once during this as it let out pained and hurt noises from my vocal chords. 

Is it really worth it? Is this pain really worth it? My head became filled with doubts and other negative thoughts. Am I gonna die? Is this really the end?

My thought process continued as my body was nearing its limit. My whole body shone a white light as I continued banging and slamming my body and head onto the binding chains, hoping the pain would end. 

Every 12 hours or so, a servant would come in and write some notes down then put down a tray of food and a bottle water near me. 

These things would stay untouched since I was in too much pain to even care about food. There were times when the pain would stop for a number of seconds, allowing me to drown myself in the water since my vocal chords were bleeding from the screaming.

................................................

This continued on for another 3 or 4 days as I felt my body crumble and build itself up again, only to crumble again. My cries and wails filled the whole room. This is torture. This is pain. This is it for me. 

"I....give...u-" I muttered in between pants and screams. My eyes were wide open with no shine in them, I was absolutely broken. I couldn't do this anymore...I cant do it-

"How pathetic!" came a familiar female voice. I screamed in pain once again and looked out for the voice. "You pretend you're determined and all and then as soon as something doesn't work out you give up straight away. Pathetic" said the voice. My eyes shifted across the room looking for the voice. "Relax. You can't see me, I'm still inside you" she said again.