Chapter 60: Patch of Shore

Author's note: Reminder that H/C means Hair Colour

"We will now resume the match" said the referee. With a click of his fingers, Razor's Nen beasts disappeared. This was probably done to get back the aura that he has dispersed. His next throw will be the real one.

With threatening footsteps, Razor threw the ball up in the air and ran towards us. He was going for a spike. We quickly got into formation.

Gon stood in front, with his hands ready to catch the ball, directly behind him stood Killua, facing the other way, supporting Gon. Hisoka held his hands around the two boys and was ready to catch the ball with Gon. Lastly, I stood behind Hisoka, my hands on his biceps, ready to pour in my aura as soon as the ball comes into Gon's and Hisoka's hands. My role was to give them extra power to catch the ball. Our plan was for Gon to catch the ball, Hisoka and mine's power to smother it and Killua for support.

Razor flew up into the air and with one hard slap from his right hand, the ball was flying with an insane speed towards us. The ball landed into Gon's hands. I activated my Nen and poured it through into Hisoka's Nen, multiplying the power by combining mine and his.

The power was too immense and we started sliding backwards gradually. Gritting my teeth very hard, I tried my hardest to not move. I kept pushing onto Hisoka until my whole front was pressed against his back. It might've been a weird position, but that was the least of my worries right now. The friction between our shoes and the floor caused smoke to appear, and so the whole half of our court was covered in smoke. The smoke cleared and there we were, standing. Gon holding the ball and the rest of us smirking.

"THEY STOPPED IT!"

"WAY TO GO!"

"YAYY!" shouted the outsiders. I sighed in relief and fell onto one knee, panting. It was kinda hard on the legs to be honest. My thighs were sore as hell and were killing me.

"You alright?" asked Hisoka, holding a hand out to me.

"Yeah" I smiled at him and took his hand. He pulled me up and smirked at me.

"What?" I asked, creeped out.

"I was just surprised at how you can control your power this well. You had to balance it so that only a percentage actually went into me and the rest you focused onto your feet. If you hadn't you would've been blown away by the impact. Amazing" said Hisoka.

"I am not the one who's amazing. He is" I said and pointed at Killua, who was talking to Gon. Hisoka chuckled and walked away. Anyways, the match resumed with our team getting the ball. Killua held the ball out to Gon and Gon got ready.

Gon released his Nen and an enormous amount of power exploded within the gym. Shocking everyone, he started his usual technique again.

"Killua, I'm going all out" said Gon.

"You better do. If you don't, I'll beat you up" said Killua.

"First comes Rock! Rock! Paper! ROCKKKK!" shouted Gon and the top of his lungs. The monstrous power exploded and flew all the way towards Razor. The whole gym held their breaths, anticipating the long-awaited moment.

Razor got into a receiving position and smirked widely, he shot the ball back at us. We weren't ready at all. The ball went straight for Gon.

"DODGE THE BALL!" shouted the outsiders.

The monster of a ball came straight towards Gon, thinking that he was gonna do something, I stayed still behind him. Gon would never dodge that ball because he wouldn't want to win like that.

However, the figure of Gon slowly descended down and the ball came rushing for me. My eyes widened like saucers and I gulped. I had no time to dodge, no power to receive, and definitely no experience to catch it.