Chapter 76: Good bye and Hello

"Aren't you gonna say bye at least?" said a voice that made me tense up. My head lifted up and I was met with a lean male figure. My eyes flared up in anger as I glared daggers at him. "Now now, don't look at me like that," he chuckled.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice low.

"Now that you know the truth, I guess I can drop the act," he shrugged. I continued to glare at him.

"It's true that you didn't do anything, but that doesn't mean I forgive you," I said.

"Suit yourself," he shrugged and started walking inside.

"Wait," I called out, still glaring at him. He stopped and turned around with a raised eyebrow. "I have some questions."

"Go on."

"When we went to Heaven's arena, how did they know me? I've never been there."

"Don't remind me," he facepalmed. "I didn't get paid enough for that. I had to change everyone's memory and put you on the system," he said, shaking his head.

I gulped at his answer and gritted my teeth. "And how are you connected to the Phantom Troupe?"

"Oh, you mean that time in York New?" he said. "It was all an act. I've known the boss for a while, we are just acquaintances so I payed the boss to pretend that I was a member just so I can check on you," he shrugged. "Is that all you wanted to know?"

"I don't understand. Why did you go through all that trouble to..." I asked.

"Of course I'd go through all that trouble for my precious little sister," he said. "I'm still annoyed that you learnt the truth and broke the seal, but I guess you're just growing up, right?" He shrugged, turning around with a smirk and strolling away.

I watched him with my mouth open; speechless. I couldn't even describe the feeling. It was as if I had lost everything. My goal for the past couple of years was to kill this guy. And suddenly...suddenly I have no motivation. There is no reason. My goal just shattered. My whole life. My whole life was a lie. I have absolutely no where to return to....

"Don't catch a cold," he said, walking with his arm up in the air, waving.

My chest tightened as my whole vision went glossy. A bittersweet feeling washed over me as I turned around and ran as quickly as possible. Away from this house and away from everything. I wiped my tears as quickly as I could as they kept flowing. I let out a sob and sprinted through the forest.

Cupping my hands, I picked up some water from the pond and washed my face before finally leaving the forest and appearing at the testing gates. I pushed them open and wandered out, gazing at the crystal blue sky.

"Gon....Killua....I'm coming," I whispered, smiling as the fresh air surrounded me. "Time for some training!" I cheered myself up and started walking again.

..................................................

"So? What do I now?" I asked, sitting on a log. "Hello? Are you there? Aren't you supposed to help me?" I said. I thought for a minute then I got an idea. Maybe I have to use Nen first!

I tried to use my Nen again and the silver haired woman appeared in front of me, but she was still a bit transparent.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, putting my hand through her.

"Are you an idiot? You're still too weak to summon me entirely. You have to work more on your Ren. Once you get better at that, and can summon me completely, I'll tell you everything," she said.